Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anger At God, Bitter

candycane

• Members

I can't be alone with feeling rejected by God since my mother died. The loss knocked me on my butt and I did not feel God's presence. I am not a Christian so quoting the Bible or expounding on Christitan principles is going to go in one ear and out the other. Just assume my God to me is the same as your God to you.

Who else here has struggled with something similar? I know people die but this became "more than I could handle". Now I feel sad, lost and lonely.  And that's where anger at God comes in. 

Cheers!

• Members

Please accept my sincerest condolences on your loss CC.  My beautiful mama passed nearly two years ago and you're right in that you're not alone regarding these feelings.  Losing my mama has been the biggest test of my faith that I've ever experienced quite frankly.  Not just my faith in my spirituality either.  It has tested my faith in the world at large, my faith in karma, and my faith in about a dozen other things.  It's something I still struggle with frequently.

One of the things that has helped me the most in this respect is speaking to my neighbor about it.  She's more than my next door neighbor actually, she's a dear and cherished friend.  She's also a deeply religious woman who has experienced her own share of loss.  I often talk to her honestly about my tested faith, and she always listens, never judges, and never tries to force her own beliefs on me.  She reminds me that these feelings are completely normal, and encourages me to keep "talking it out".  It actually does help, and reminds me that I'm not alone.  If you have someone in your life that you would feel comfortable talking about these feelings with, maybe that might be helpful to you.  

I wish you well as you continue to move forward!

• Members
On 11/5/2019 at 2:13 AM, candycane said:

I can't be alone with feeling rejected by God since my mother died. The loss knocked me on my butt and I did not feel God's presence. I am not a Christian so quoting the Bible or expounding on Christitan principles is going to go in one ear and out the other. Just assume my God to me is the same as your God to you.

Who else here has struggled with something similar? I know people die but this became "more than I could handle". Now I feel sad, lost and lonely.  And that's where anger at God comes in. 

Cheers!

hi Candycane, I can identify with how you feel. Im not a Christian too. Im a Buddhist/Taoist........ but probably I consider myself agnostic/atheist.

I feel very sad too over my mum's demise and my dad's condition. Sometimes we just have to accept that life works in strange and random ways. If you believe in Buddhism or similar religons, it's karma, karmic cycle and debt. If you believe in Abrahamic religion, it has to do with God' plan. Well, any religion would have some way to explain and I cant find myself accepting those explanations too.

My mum was a really good person, same goes for my father - this has been agreed upon by my relatives, neighbours (who dislike me - lol im unlikable)
Im sure your loved one, I assume your parent, was the same. Everything just doesnt make sense, good people dont get to live good lives or pass away easy, likewise, bad people dont really get retribution or bad things happening to them.

It's just the way it is, I cant say I accept these because I feel very unfair, sad, bitter and lost like you. Perhaps life was not meant to have any reason or meaning which is why there's nothing to explain? Not everyone can accept this too (me neither). Everyone tries to seek a meaning to something. A reason(s) to live for, reasons on why some things happen, or dont.

This was why people try to believe in religions, or a greater good. You are not alone.

Sorry if this triggers or didnt help you as expected

Archived