Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Tremendous Insecurity Not Having A Mother

candycane

• Members

Does anyone else now have insecurity sincie your mother died? My mother died in 2012 and the insecurity is real. It has not gone away and in fact gets worse because the longer she is gone the more I realize I have to live life without the support and security she had to offer. And since I know what it is like to live life on a daily basis without a security blanket, looking into the future knowing this is how it is going to be is killing me. How do you look into the future and not be afraid if every day is scary?

I don't have a husband or children or family or friends to take care of me. I am a single adult who is on her own. If you saw me you wouldn't know that inside I am in emotional turmoil over not having someone to rely on.

• Members

Hi Candycane and Nicole,
I have the same thoughts and feelings too.
A friend once told me not to think about the future because it will scare me.
That's the approach I have adopted. I keep looking for things to keep my mind busy so I don't think about it.
If you are of Christian belief - I have decided God put me here on Earth so it is God's responsibility to take care of me.
Whether that be true or not, it helps me get through the days.

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

Hello 

I can identify with that, when my mom passed my main source of Wisdom was gone. But of course as we mature, we realize that decisions need to be made. My study of the Bible gave me the solution to filling that void.

Proverbs 3:5,6. Trust in Jehovah with all your heart,And do not rely on your own understanding  6- In all your ways take notice of him,And he will make your paths straight.

So true wisdom and guidance comes from studying and Listening to the wisdom found in the bible..It is filled with common sense, and practical guidelines for living. We need to be able to make Moral,Mental and everyday living decisions.

This article gives great advice on how to make decisions, It is very true that God will watch over you,  but he also expects us to work with him as he guides us along in this world filled with confusion.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013686?q=how+to+make+decisions&p=par

All the best to you.

• Members
On 10/24/2019 at 11:09 PM, candycane said:

Does anyone else now have insecurity sincie your mother died? My mother died in 2012 and the insecurity is real. It has not gone away and in fact gets worse because the longer she is gone the more I realize I have to live life without the support and security she had to offer. And since I know what it is like to live life on a daily basis without a security blanket, looking into the future knowing this is how it is going to be is killing me. How do you look into the future and not be afraid if every day is scary?

I don't have a husband or children or family or friends to take care of me. I am a single adult who is on her own. If you saw me you wouldn't know that inside I am in emotional turmoil over not having someone to rely on.

I can understand your insecurities. there are times when i ponder what's next and wheres the way to go. it's like our parents have always been our compass, anchor, foundation and the go-to "google" (lol) who knows every damn thing. even if the whole world broke apart u can still be with your mum or dad, if they are there.

Much like you, Im alone, i dont have friends or partner nor kids. My dad is still around but he has dementia and I face the future of having to send him to a home (and i feel terrible about this).

Well, if you saw me, depending on when and where, you would think I am ok and got over it. There are times where I can dish out advice, act like a pro, but deep inside Im feeling insecure. It's almost as if life has no more meaning left........... apart from some promises i made to my mum

Perhaps you can try to be more involved in your community activities and events........ get a new hobby? Something your mum liked? Such as growing plants or helping the less fortunate...... or simply do things like collecting items or go on a long trip, or just sit on roller coasters. I dont know. Try to move bit by bit to something new. Learn something?

Get to know more people, seek professional help... I hope these do help you in some way. We are always here for you :)

Archived