Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Today I had to say goodbye to my beautiful boy Jack

Melg

• Members

My Jack died suddenly and unexpectedly early this morning. I found him laying on the floor panting and crying, and rushed him to the emergency vet. An hour later, after a recommendation from the vet and not wanting to see my sweet boy struggle, I  had to make the decision to put him to sleep. I stayed with him and pet him until they told me he was gone. My heart is broken and I feel like I physically ache. I’ve been crying for hours. 
He was the gentlest boy, never bit or scratched, let you love on him and give him kisses and always wanted to snuggle. He was 10 years old but I thought I had more time. i love him and I will never forget him, and just wanted to put my thoughts here in a place where I knew others would understand. 

• Moderators

Oh Melg, I am so sorry.  I know the tremendous pain of missing your sweet boy, I lost mine two months and five days ago and I know I'll never get over it.  I made the mistake of trying to adopt another dog this weekend, he's bit me four times and bared his teeth at me twice.  He's cute, cuddly, playful, but I won't tolerate viciousness, now waiting on the rescue place to call me back, I feel they led me astray.  I'm not inclined to try again at this point.  I just want my Arlie back.

Arlie, like your Jack, was the perfect dog, I love him with all my heart and soul.  I feel like this is a nightmare I can't wake up from.

I've been crying since I lost him, I know the tears will eventually dry up but my heart will continue to cry out for him.  I've never been hit this hard.

Wishing for you a degree of comfort...

Archived