Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Night night lovely little man

Colin'sMum

• Members

I lost my lovely boy on Tuesday.  He was 14 and amazing and I'm devastated. 

I can't believe he's gone and I only had a day to say goodbye.  Everyone loved Colin and he loved everyone.   I'll never see him sauntering across the road again, or stretching out full length on the sofa making his little snuffley noises, or be a complete tart with random tradesmen. My heart is broken and I feel like I'll never smile again.  I'm meant to be working from home, but mostly I'm just staring at my screen and crying. Every time I get an email, I just want to respond back - I DON'T CARE - 'I WATCHED MY CAT DIE 3 DAYS AGO!'  

I've cried less today, but I feel so sad it's like I can't breathe.  Everything aches and I feel about 100 years old. He was my gentle, chilled out Colibobs and now he's gone. I need to collect his ashes from the vets but I'm not sure I can make it out the front door...

I know this will get better eventually, but right now it feels like my insides have been ripped out... 

Colin.jpg

Image002 - Copy.jpg

• Moderators

I am so sorry.  I recently lost my dog and I honestly fell like it'll never be better...it's been two months three days and I'm still crying.  I've never been hit so hard and I've lost 22 dogs and cats.  He was perfect for me in every way and I love him so much.

I hope you will continue to come here and post, it helps to express yourself and know you're heard and understood.  It's hard to work or listen to people's mundane things about their lives when ours are turned upside down. 

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my boy Jack today, and I’m feeling the same overwhelming sadness you are. I keep trying to remember how lucky some of us are to be able to have such a beautiful soul in our lives the way you did with Colin and I did with my Jack. My thoughts are with you. Your Colin was a beauty. 

Archived