Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dolly

ksiemb

• Members

Dolly - During our time together (almost 40 years), you were the love of my life, which no one can ever replace. I spoke of you proudly and with utmost respect as I have NEVER, ever loved anyone as a partner as I have loved you. I continue to love you, and grieve for losing you from my life. Rest in Peace my Lovely Dolly. God willing, we will be together once more.  Kenny.

• Members

Kenny, I feel your pain, there's no answer for someone who's lost a partner, and 40 years - that's a long time, and I can only imagine how many memories and joyful moments you have to remember. Your posts are so expressive and really speak to how much you loved her. There is nothing quite like meeting and being with that one person who you truly feel is your soulmate, your "true love", the one that you actually feel like you were truly meant to be with. It is honestly becoming more rare on this planet that people find the kind of love many of us experienced, and it's even more cruel that nature sees fit to take those people from us - we, the ones who have loved the strongest, must also grieve the hardest. It's not fair. It's never going to be fair. 

I try to let the girl I lost live through me. I've adopted (without even realizing it) some of her mannerisms, her jokes, her personality. Part of her lives within me. I hold that part of her very near and dear to my heart, and she is still living through me. Maybe, just maybe, she's watching over me, and I hope she is proud of what I'm doing for me, but also for her, and for us. 

And sometimes I am weak. Right now, I'm in the midst of an emotional turmoil over the allegation of one guy on the Internet who decided he needed to take a cheap shot at me and the love I shared with my GF, and she can't defend herself. I feel like I'm letting her down, not only because I can't just resolve emotionally not to believe this guy, but also because I'm weak, I'm grieving again, and I'm struggling with life again. I only hope she can forgive me.

One day, some day, we will reunite with our partners. And I can only hope, dream and imagine how great that will be. But until that day, I have no choice but to move forward, without her, but yet still with her in my heart. Sometimes I don't want to go on. Other times I smile and hope she's watching and is proud of me. Other times I cry out for help to a girl who can't help me directly anymore. But all we can hope for is that it will all have been worth it in the end. 

• Moderators

@ksiemb

The love you have is evident, and this one thing I'm sure of...we will be with them again.  I hope my George is caring for my Arlie until I can join them.  Today would have been our 18th anniversary, we didn't get 40 years, we didn't get 20, we got shortchanged, but I'm glad I got to experience the love of my life.  Oh God how I wish I had just one more day back.

• Members

Your love and devotion is evident. We will see our Loves and all our families when our appointed time arrives. And they will greet us with happiness. Keep your faith. Peace be with you.

w

Archived