Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Yesterday was 7 years

Jaimenremt51

• Members

Yesterday was 7 years since my mom passed away from stage 4 liver cancer. She has no risk factors. It was diagnosed only 2 months 8 days before she died. She was having pains for months and the doctors kept saying it was gallbladder problems yet all the scans they did never showed anything. Until finally bam there it was an 8 cm liver tumor. I believe they saw it just didn’t want to say anything. How could they not see it as big as it was? By the time they found it it was too late to do anything. They gave her six months to live but she died two months and eight days later. We didn’t even get a chance to get our heads wrapped around what was happening and she was gone. My mom was 54 years old and I was 30. I got robbed out of time with her as did my daughter. My daughter turned 5 the day before my mom died. We had a small birthday party with my mom. My daughter was covered in chocolate frosting and gave my mom chocolate kisses. My mom just giggled and smiled. The nurse was gonna wipe the chocolate off and we said no those were special kisses. Meanwhile my mom was licking the chocolate. It was so sweet. I miss my mom so much. I’m having a hard time dealing with her death. I just want her back healthy and happy. Why did she have to die so young? I just don’t understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

I am so sorry to read about your mom and the sad news of her passing. The greatest enemy of mankind is Death. It is so unnatural,no matter how expected it may be.

The question that you poised, and the statement that followed has been asked many times.

Why would A God of love allow wickedness,and suffering to continue? Why do bad things happen to good people ?

The attached brochure answered those questions, and many more for me when I lost my Mother to cancer.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/know-truth-tract/know-the-truth/#?insight[search_id]=27a101cf-4ed7-47f8-b1f7-644783ae8046&insight[search_result_index]=0

My Condolences 

Archived