Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can't share special moments with my mom

Sweetheart346

• Members
Sweetheart346

It's been 2 years and some months now since my mom passed away. Recently I got my first own apartment with no roommates. It was very difficult from the fight I got into with my roommates to finding someone to sublease my old apartment since I was moving out earlier than the contract required, to searching for two weeks for my current apartment. I was super happy and proud of myself especially since it's not common for people my age (21) to have their own place. Today it hit me that I can't tell my mom about this and I realized there's going to be more milestones in my life that I can't share with her. I'm super grateful for my close family that has been there for me this whole time but it's just not the same since they did not give birth to me. Hopefully this feeling is temporary and I start to enjoy my new place again... But for now it sucks.

• Members

I wish I could share special moments with my mom too. My mom died six months ago and since then I've found my first real job and turned 30 (I spent a long time in grad school!). I'm getting married this year, and hopefully buying a house. She would have loved to hear about all of it. I'm sure your mom would love to hear about your milestones too. It's so sad we can't share that with them like we want to.

Archived