Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So lonely

Enonymous

• Members

I am age 57. Both my parents died of cancer at the end of August.  I am disabled, don't work, live alone. Mentally ill, have no friends, no family left.

I used to talk a lot on the phone with my Mom.  I didn't realize how lonely I was until she was gone.  

I have a sister still living, but I hate her and we never talk.  I've got a lot of anger and trouble in my life, and no one to help or care.

Winter is coming, and I've always hated the cold and the dark.  I spend a lot of time on the internet, and have been drinking daily for 20 years.

It's about all I ever do any more.  I had a long term girlfriend, but she dumped me around 3 years ago.  Tried again with someone, and it just

wasn't right.  It's hard to make or keep connections because I have an especially terrible illness, BPD.

Thanks for reading.

• Members

Dear Enonymous,

I am very sorry for your loss. Grief is a raw experience. I know many of us feel the same after losing a beloved parent.

Everyone grieves differently and there is no right way or wrong way. Have you considered grief counselling? Or joining a support group through church or in the community. I know its hard to reach out but sometimes it helps to talk to other people. I also found these websites helpful:

Aging Care

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Recovery Method

Tiny Buddha

I know Facebook also has many forums for grievers.  Please know you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings. Keep hanging on and know we are all in this together.

• Members

Thank you.  Since 9/11, the world has changed for the worse.

It is no longer safe to express rage, resentment, thirst for revenge.  Everyone flips out.

I cannot go anywhere in person and be myself.  It's generally not even safe on the interent. So many rules, so many idiots.

REVENGE happens for VALID REASONS....all those people mourning 9/11 failed to realize: the people killed WERE CRIMINALS contibuiting to the rape and domination of INNOCENT PEOPLE.    REVENGE HAPPENS FOR A REASON, a gOOD REASON.

• Members

I'm so sorry. I know its hard when you have strong emotions and things are being misinterpreted. Everyone has a point of view and things are easily misinterpreted in person and online. Try to be patient with yourself and I hope you find the right person or persons that will support you in your grief.

• Members

Thank you. The problem is, depression, rage and grief are all SMOTHERED as if they were not normal or GOOD.

RAGE IS GOOD when your goverment is criminal.  RAGE IS GOOD when the greedy one percent exploit the weak.

RAGE is the exact thing that CREATED AMERICA IN THE FIRST PLACE.

But now, you have to be Politically Correct and Offend NO ONE and frighten NO ONE.'

The literal fact is, some people really do deserve to die and REVENGE IS A GOOD THING>

• Members

It's normal to feel rage but you need to have an outlet to vent your anger and it shouldnt be anything detrimental to yourself or society.

I know it hurts and Im sorry for your loss, but you do need to calm down.

Hope you can find your anchor and direction soon as well, sorry if this sounds patronizing in any manner, but Im sure we all care and worry for those in this community

• Members

We all need to learn to forgive and forget.  

Rage and revenge are negative energies that will destroy a joyful life you can have.  

Please find a way to forgive and forget.  

• Members

Valerie Lockhart, people reading this need to know that your advice is not only worthless, it is harmful.

The history of religion is the history of genocide (jews wiping out entire tribes because "god" conveniently told them to) , torture (christian spainish inquisition, etc), centuries of war (crusades, wars of the roses, and so many other european religious  wars they can't be listed here), ignorance, plague, poverty, and deep hate.  Or, giving up and dying because "suffering is an illusion" as the Buddhists claim.  Islam is and was based entirely upon military conquest to spread it's "good news".  it's all a con game and notice that they prey on the weak, the lonely, the hopeless, the ignorant and the poor  with their indoctrination.

WAKE UP.   It is all a CON GAME.  ALL ALL ALL ALL religion is mere superstition and a TOTAL LIE

• Members

Enonymous, i do agree with some aspects of what u say as im not a Christian, neither am i a staunch buddhist. i am lost too, frequently esp now. i think ure atheist or just sad and confused while i identify more with agnosticism, or rather... i dont know what to believe

nevertheless, some people place everything on their faith. dont get so worked up :)

• Members

Nuvar, some people sell POISON to the sick.  These are the worst monsters on Earth: 

"the bible says"  "the koran says"  when it is ALL LIES all fantasy ALL FRAUD ALL EVIL

The deepest evil on earth, as centuries of history PROVES with mountains of evidence, is that

religious people are EVIL and INSANE.

Archived