Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

10 Months

beaniele

• Members

I am getting closer to the year mark that Roger died from cardic arrest.

I am finding these months before it happened very hard. If I knew then what I know now, well it really would not changed anything. I wish it would have. I keep thinking about our days before it happened.

All I know I lost the love of my life for the past 38 years last year.

No one understands this. I do not understand it. Even with therapy I am still at a lost for the one person in my life that I loved more than anything.

There is nothing more I can say. I just cry every night for my beloved Roger.

Linda

• Members

Beaniele,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I am floundering too. I try to focus on the fact that I was so lucky to have been in a loving relationship for 38 years. So many people never had that.  It is small comfort. 

Peace

Gail

• Moderators

My heart goes out to both of you.  I envy you your 38 years, I got 6 1/2 years knowing George, 3 years 8 months being married to him.  But I know loss is loss, and it matters little how long, how short, we loved them completely with all our hearts and have that empty void inside of us...wanting to reach out to them, but where do we reach?  I talk to him, I look at his picture on the wall, marvel that he was so handsome. He was mine.  My best friend, my soulmate, the love of my life.  Even after 14+ years I ask myself how he can be gone?  How can someone so vibrant just be gone, just like that?  He always reminded me of a puppy wagging its tail, he had so much zest for life!  How can that be quelled?!

All I know is, his spirit lives on, it couldn't NOT!  I must go to him when my time is gone, find him, be with him!

It's hard doing this time in between, this time alone.

Archived