Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dad

vdbanda

• Members

I was searching in hopes of finding people similar to me so life after losing my dad wouldn’t feel so lonely. I’ve never struggled with loneliness, until I lost my dad. This is the loneliest I have ever felt. I do really well alone, but his absence makes me feel so abandoned, lonely, empty, and cold.

Today has been hard. I don’t feel like doing anything. I’ve been in bed all day. I’ve slept on and off all day today. I wake up, and stay awake for a little while, but then I take more of my sleep aid and fall back to sleep. I repeat this all day sometimes on the weekends. Throughout the week, I’m working and I don’t get home until the evening, so I’m preoccupied up until then. When I get home, maybe I’ll grab a quick bite, then I go to bed.

I can count on one hand the number of close friends I have, but even they don’t understand, as great as they are. I feel lonely around them, too. Nothing helps with all these feelings sometimes. I’m not sure what I’m expecting to even get out of this.25f703acaf17e6215aa12adc469f9b8c.jpg

I miss him, and it’s miserable without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

Dear vdbanda,

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm with you and I know its hard losing your beloved dad. The silence and loneliness is crippling. Its hole we all feel and it takes a long time to come to terms with. Please know you are not alone and many of us can identify with what you are feeling. I found these websites helpful in understanding my feelings.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Share

Grief Healing Blog

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived