Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

4 weeks ago Mum passed away

Chrissie4444

• Members
Chrissie4444

Mum passed away 4 weeks ago, I wasn't prepared for the grief after wards even though she was diagnosed with brain cancer 2 months before she passed. She was 86 years old. I never imagined how sad it would feel, how incredibly deeply I loved her until she was gone.

im sure Mum waited for me to turn up before she took her last breath, I only just parked my car went into the nursing home and sat down for less than 10 minutes she took 3 breaths and that was it she was gone. 

I have been reading and studying the bible for 5 years, I don't think I could've gotten through this intense grieving process without the faith I have, the only thing that I need but can't seem to get a definitive feeling or answer is - Mum had lost her faith, but towards the end of her life I asked a priest to sit with her and say prayers, she seemed to be ok with him being there and looked at him intensely and held the small wooden cross in her hand just days before she passed, was she saved at the last minute?

i don't know.

i dreamt a couple of days before Mum passed she was walking along a path and she was holding something very tightly, some one came out of no where and scared her a lot- I suddenly appear in front of her and say " it's ok Mummy's here, no I'm not Mummy I'm Christine!," I was trying to make her feel less afraid. 

I guess I'm looking for answers but there is none, I need to let go and trust in the Lord that whatever happens there's nothing I can do to change it 

• Members

Thankyou for your kind reply Valerie.

its not my faith I'm worried about it's My Mums at the time she passed. I do believe strongly there's a God, Mum was conflicted with her faith, I think she suffered with this in her last days, I guess I want an answer that no one can give me and that is if she was saved in the last days, there's that choice we make and I don't know for sure if Mum made that choice 

when I pray though I sometimes feel her presence 

so im holding on to that hope that she is with Jesus & she is at peace & happy. 

Archived