Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Ginger

Rocky and Ginger's Mom

• Members
Rocky and Ginger's Mom

You

My cat was diagnosed with pleural effusion, vet said didnt look good if we went for aggressive treatment but that she could remove some fluid to make her breath better, this was just 3 hours ago. When they brought my cat back in she was lethargic and on her side staring( this was after removing some fluid) we put her in car she was meowing, got home she continued to meow, I put her on bed she fell over, I picked her up she meowed threw her head back and died. I am heartbroken. If I knew this was risky I would have left her alone and had her put down this weekend. Vet made it seem like she would breath better and live at least alittle longer. 

• Members

Oh no, I am so sorry! I can imagine how devastating that was - losing her so suddenly when you thought she was going to be a little better. I lost my 15 yrs cat very suddenly and I was in shock at first. It was a very very dark time - I hope you are doing okay. 

• Moderators

I am so sorry, I don't know what went wrong but it doesn't sound like the vet expected this, have you talked to him yet?  I am just so sorry for your loss, that had to be very hard to witness.  I lost my dog 13 days ago and I am literally heartbroken.  (((hugs)))

• Members

So sorry for your loss it sounds just like what happened to our Beautiful Petunia. She had been sick and was on medication. She started having trouble breathing and within 2 hours she died in my arms while I was running into the Vets office. I will always regret not taking her sooner. She was priceless I miss her so much. I have cried on and off for 3 days now.I still cannot believe our Petunia is gone.Our family is broken hearted But we will see her again someday as our other furry best friends we have lost as will you. Please reach out and talk to people on this forum and elsewhere it will help you

Archived