Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

mama died in a fire

sundanceee

• Members

my mom died in a violent fire in our home a little less than a month ago. i live 7,000 miles away from her so i flew to her but because muslim funerals are usually the same day, i missed it. it was just so sudden and hard i dont know how to not be anxious that something bad will happen again. im trying to keep my mind occupied by just burrying myself in work whilst also taking time to think about her and grieve but i just wanna text her sometimes but i cant. **** is so difficult god damn.

• Members

Dear sundanceee,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am very sorry for your loss. Please don't be hard yourself. It was a terrible tragic accident. None of us can know what will happen in any given moment.

What are you feeling and thinking is a normal and natural part of grief. If you feel comfortable know that you can talk to a counselor or seek additional supports in the community or through church. There are also lots of grief support groups on Facebook.

Thinking of you and your family during this sad and difficult time.

Archived