Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom 9 months ago, feel ill

Tami

• Members

I lost my mom/best friend, my unconditional nine months ago to cancer. I thought I was doing okay but now am feeling physically ill and doctors cannot find anything wrong with me. Stomach and chest pain. I’ve always had panic attacks but feeling ill is now once again triggering the attacks. I’m 50 and my husband wants to move from the only area I’ve ever known to a different state and I think that too is contributing. It’s been 9 months...could all of this be making me physically ill? I want my mom back but that’s not going to happen. Why is it I don’t feel like a grown up?

• Members

My mom died 6 months ago, of ovarian cancer complications. I also had physical pain- in my throat, neck, armpits, chest, the whole front of me ached and burned. Tests and scans were all negative. I think the loss of a great mother carves you out so badly that your body imagines actually wounds everywhere. Our house was on the market while she was sick but after she passed, I looked at my husband and said, “if I also have to deal with moving this year, it will break me.” Perhaps he would be willing to table the idea of moving to give you time to grieve and physically recover. 

• Members

I'm sorry for all of your losses and I understand.  My mother passed away very recently.  I still can't believe that she is gone.  My father passed away just 1 1/2 years ago.  We were still all hurting from his passing and now our mother is gone.  I understand about the pain.  I'm having trouble sleeping and I when I finally do fall asleep, I'm waking up and I have a rush of grief and emotions.  At the moment, it doesn't feel like this will ever stop.  I just keep praying and hoping.  I too read about the hope of the resurrection in Revelation.  It is hope that one day this will all pass and be made right again.  Thank you for listening.

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

Dear Tami

So sorry to hear about the lost of your mother. Death is an soon to be conquered enemy that touches all of us.
The feelings that you are experiencing are not due to you not being a grown up, they are natural reactions to something that is so unnatural to experience , So our body and Mind  reacts in strange ways to handle the pain.
Why can we say that? The bible gives us the answer at Eccl 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart;
yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.

This scriptures shows why we react the way we do when we see our loved ones suffer , get sick and die. But is that the only hope for us? What does the Bible promise for the future?
Let's read Rev 21:3,4- "And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.
The former things have passed away.”

So God's has a time in place where all of our suffering will be done away with.

The brochure attached below has given me comfort..May it help you.

Archived