Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dad died suddenly

SARAELA91

• Members

Three weeks ago today my mom and I found my dad dead on his recliner at 8 am. He hadn’t been sick. It’s hard for me to even say we found him dead because to me it feels like it happened to people in another lifetime, or another world. Not to us, not to my family. 

I just can’t believe this. I’m 27 and lost my dad. Before he could walk me down the aisle or become a grandfather. What is wrong with the world 

• Members

Dear Sara,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am very sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved parent is a terrible shock. I too felt like I was living outside of myself and nothing made sense anymore during this sad and difficult time.

Please know you are not alone and we are all with you.

Sending my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

My deepest sympathy.  My dad died Thursday morning.  I found him on the bathroom floor.  He was fine the day before.  I am 51 and it doesn’t hurt any less.

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

My deepest empathy for both of you. Heartbreaking. I wish I had words of comfort but I know there is none to be found right now. Thinking of you and sending thoughts of strength and love to surround you. 

• Members

Thank you so much.  It has been really difficult most days.  I know that time makes things better, but I know nothing will be the same now and I would give the world to change it.

Archived