Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

• Moderators

I was just wondering about you this week, and here you are, after all this time!  Good to hear from you.  I'm glad you've found someone.  It doesn't obliterate your grief, but maybe give some incentive to go on and fill out your life some?  I hope so anyway.  Of course we're vulnerable in our early grief especially but that doesn't mean he isn't good for you, only you can figure that out.  We are never the same again, we can't be, but we can choose to go forward and find some bit of happiness again.  ;)  My best to you, always!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoyR

• KayC

• foreverhis

• Billie Rae

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you @Kay C I’m praying it works out. I still feel hurt he is gone and find it hard not to compare or find balance. My grief with Prentice is making it extremely hard for others to deal with me. I cry like a baby whenever he leaves my sight and break down heavily not realizing he just went to store or need a break. It’s like paranoia he won’t come back. Ridiculous . But thanks I miss y’all. And I still miss my soulmate . 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I hope it all works out well for you too!  Yes, good not to compare but also hard not to!

• Members

I recently lost my boyfriend this past 4th of July weekend, it happened right in front of me. I understand every single word you said. Idk how to continue on or where to even begin… I am very sorry for your loss. Please tell me it gets easier 

• Like 1

• Members

Patti07,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your grief is so new and raw, you mostly need to rest and drink water.  Crying is both exhausting and dehydrating.  Lean on friends and family if you can.  Your brain is in shock right now, trying to figure out how this can be.  

Come here to vent or rage as needed. Or just read the posts of others.  It does give a small measure of comfort to see that others feel as you do. 

We are all so sorry you have reason to join our tribe, but welcome.

Gail

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, patti07 said:

Please tell me it gets easier 

Some take offense to us saying that, but compared to the beginning, yes we get better at coping and do get more used to our circumstances, it by no means implies we're ever over it or like it, there's not a one of us that doesn't wish we could have them back with us.  I am so sorry for your loss, itt is very fresh...this is a long journey, so please be patient, kind, and understanding of yourself.  Remember to breathe and eat something, drink some water.  Just getting outt of bed in the beginning can be considered an accomplishment.  I hope you have supportive friends/family.

• Like 1