Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It’s his Birthday

Fmf

• Members

So today would have been my husbands 52nd birthday. He died almost 6 months ago. I am actually more bothered by the slew of messages about how hard people “know” today is going to be. I’m at peace with his loss. He was diagnosed and died within three weeks. He didn’t suffer and my daughters never really saw their dad as anyone other than what he’d always been. But I’ll thank the people for their time and tell them that we are good. You know what we really are. We are continuing our lives, we had many happy occasions that we just celebrated- does it stink that he wasn’t there of course, but we keep living our lives as I know he would want.   

• Members

@Fmf you show us how everyone grieves differently.  Not everyone needs support groups, forums, therapy, sharing their stories or their journey through grief. Our relationship and history that we had with our partner is an important factor. Thank you for this share. 

~Sunflower~

Archived