In our beautiful Gallery

Grief Support Marketplace

Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×

Chelsea Leadley

Hello,

I am a PhD researcher at the University of Huddersfield, exploring the content of suicide notes and how they can be used to further our understanding of suicide, with potential implications for approaches to suicide prevention and those bereaved by suicide. The information below is for individuals who have access to a suicide note, but if you have any advice or alternative suggestions for how I could access this sensitive data, please don't hesitate to contact me or reply on this t

Researcher: Chelsea Leadley

Supervisors: Dr Dara Mojtahedi, Dr Nadia Ali, Dr Tammi Walker

What will my participation involve?

If you decide to take part, you will be asked to provide a copy of the suicide note left by your friend or family member, and if possible their age, gender, and the year they passed away. You can email me a copy using your own email address, or if you wish to remain anonymous you can create a free throwaway email at https://www.throwawaymail.com/en by following their instructions.

Your right to withdraw

Your participation in this research is entirely voluntary, and if you think participation will affect you negatively this may not be something you should consider. If you decide to take part but change your mind, you can withdraw from the study for up to 4 weeks from the date you took part. To do this you will be given a unique code once your submission has been received, which you will need to provide should you decide to withdraw from the study. If you chose to use a throwaway email address and this has expired, simply create another one. As long as you have the unique code given to you at the start it does not matter what email address you use.

What will happen to the information I provide?

Any information you decide to provide will be stored securely at the University of Huddersfield. The only people who will see or have access to this data are the researcher and their supervisors (as identified at the top of this document. The unique code you will be given will be assigned to your case, and all identifiable information that may be in the document will be removed. You may also wish to remove any such information yourself prior to contacting the researcher. The information you provide will be securely stored at the University of Huddersfield for 10 years, though this will not include personal information.

If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to take part, please contact myself or the main supervisor of this project:

Chelsea Leadley: Chelsea.Leadley2@hud.ac.uk or @ChelseaBLeadley on Twitter.
Dr Dara Mojtahedi:  D.Mojtahedi@hud.ac.uk

Thank you.