In our beautiful Gallery

Grief Support Marketplace

Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
KayC

Living with Loss

KayC

He's not too keen on having capsules shoved down his throat but it's always followed by a treat so he endure it...if he ever loses his appetite for treats, I'm in trouble!

foreverhis
3 hours ago, KayC said:

He's not too keen on having capsules shoved down his throat but it's always followed by a treat so he endure it...

Ah yes.  I remember those times.  I used to make my hubby my own healthy recipe oatmeal cookies for his afternoon snack.  Bear loved when the crumbs would drop and he'd lick them up.  So I took to making teeny cookies as treats.  He knew if he took the loathed pill or capsule that he'd get a cookie--it was one of the words he knew well.

I'm thinking about you and Arlie and sending you strength and love to get through this time together, to enjoy each other as long as possible.  Each good day we have with those we love is such a gift.  We should never forget that.

• Like 2

Filly
On 6/17/2019 at 10:39 AM, KayC said:

Filly,

I read that article and yes I'd consider it.  His tumor has grown this month.  It's odd to me that the vets never mentioned his tumor, it's at that place where so many crucial organs intersect.  If it continues to grow I'll have to have him put to sleep sooner rather than later as it will definitely have side effects I do not want to put him through.  I also have a lot of people praying for him as I do every day when I massage his tummy.

foreverhis,

Thank you.  Funny you called your dog Bear, I've called mine Little Boy or Moose.

That is very odd that the vet never mentioned the tumor, doesn't sound very thorough unless they thought it was just a fatty tumor.  Even in that case, they should have discussed it with you.

I hope the growth is slow and will respond well to all that is being done for him, including the prayers.  I will keep him in my prayers too.  

• Like 1

KayC

It seems to me it's grown this month.

Filly

So sorry to hear that.  I went through that with one of my cats and it was a horrible feeling to watch it progress.  Hers eventually opened.  That's when I knew it was time.  Enjoy the present time!