Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

6 month

beaniele

• Members

Tonight I have been so lost without Roger. I am so sad that I can not describe the pain. I loved him so much. He was my best friend and everything in between. I have nothing now. I wish this pain would go away, but it never will.

Linda

• Members
Billie Rae

Linda,I hope you feel us share in your sorrow and pain.
Six months is such a short time in this journey,one day you will feel the hurt differently,it won't leave,just settle in to somewhere it's not screaming,only whispers.
We are here,lean on us my love.
Billie

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Grieving.com mobile app

• Members

I hope you have family and friends to lean on. I'm sure 6 months feels like an eternity, but in the big scheme of things, it's not a long time...the pain you feel is understandable. I hope you find moments of calm and peace in your daily life.  Perhaps 6 months from now those moment will be minutes or hours and things will be just a little bit better.  

• Moderators

@beaniele  Six months, they say, is one of the hardest times, that time when shock wears off and it hits you full force, that time when others have gone back to their lives and they somehow expect you're "getting over it".  We never do.  But if I could post anything to you, it would be Billie Rae's post: (quotes don't seem to be working right now so I'll copy/paste it)

Linda,I hope you feel us share in your sorrow and pain.
Six months is such a short time in this journey,one day you will feel the hurt differently,it won't leave,just settle in to somewhere it's not screaming,only whispers.
We are here,lean on us my love.
Billie

• Members

Thanks everyone for the responses and support. I feel better than I did the other night.

I know the grief does not go away but I have noticed that the waves of grief are not as deep.

I just can not believe this is my life now but I know that is how we all feel. Thank you for being there.

Linda

• Members

Linda,  I remember 6 months as an especially tough time also..more so than usual.  It never gets easy, but yes, the pain doesnt feel as deep or as overwhelming as it did before.  I find myself driving his truck lately and new emotions. I hadnt used it at all since he had passed except for a recall appointment.  Know Im thinking of you, and everyone here. Love Jeanne

• Members
Billie Rae

Linda, I find"triggers",I'm going along my life with the sadness inside but pushed down so I look normal and then BAM from out of the blue,seeing a grey Ford f250 turn in at the store and I'm a mess.He loved Friday and I now hate it as it means doing chores and errands alone.I'm happy I moved because I don't have that first walk in the door shock anymore and I don't have to see his truck waiting for him.
Feel our love around you sweet one
Billie

• Members
Linda, I find"triggers",I'm going along my life with the sadness inside but pushed down so I look normal and then BAM from out of the blue,seeing a grey Ford f250 turn in at the store and I'm a mess.He loved Friday and I now hate it as it means doing chores and errands alone.I'm happy I moved because I don't have that first walk in the door shock anymore and I don't have to see his truck waiting for him.
Feel our love around you sweet one
Billie

I still can not go to $5 Fridays at Safeway as we always went to check it out. I am doing a remodel of house so I can sell in the future and move away from here.

It is easier coming home than it use to be. But everytime I turn the corner and see his truck in the driveway my heart breaks a little more.

Wishing everyone love and hugs.

Linda

• Members

Linda & Billie Rae,  It seems as if the trucks seem to be a big trigger for alot of us...it is almost like the truck is a part of them.  We identify them with that specific truck...and is one of the harder things for our brains to accept......I wish us all a moments peace. Luv you both.

• Members

Dave once had a yellow Chevy truck (1 of 500 with special paint). He sold it about 3 years ago and regretted it instantly. He bought a newer dark blue metallic truck and after a year, had it painted yellow.  It is sitting in my garage and I see it everyday when I leave for work.  He loved that truck.  So, yes it is a trigger but I can't see myself getting rid of it.

Archived