Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Happy Mother’s Day!

LostGirl39

• Members
LostGirl39

Happy Mother’s Day Ladies! I hope that you enjoy your day. Personally, I dread this day every year. I lost my mom 21 years ago to breast cancer. There’s not one single day that goes by that I don’t miss her terribly. I was a momma’s girl so her loss was really devastating. (Not to mention that I was only 18 when she died). I also have to be reminded that I’m a mother without her children as all on this horrible day. I lost my first pregnancy to a miscarriage & in my second one, I went into labor early. My sweet baby boy passed away 5 minutes after he was born. And now I have to mourn my love, their dad, as well this year. I’m trying to take some comfort in the fact that he’s now with our babies. But this is hard. I’ve always had him to help get me through this dreaded day but now he’s gone too. I just want this day to be over with already. Hugs to anyone else that’s struggling today!

• Members

LostGirl39,

OMG, You've been through more loss than one should ever have to face. I'm very sorry to hear your story. There's no doubt, that, and forgive me for being blunt, today, Mother's Day is for a lot of us a day of sad memories and just a shitty day!

I lost my wife 3-1/2 years ago and our sons were 21 and 23 at the time. She gave 110% of herself as a mother and the pain my sons and I feel reflect that. When I think about how proud she would have been to see them graduate university and maybe one day get married and have kids of their own...all gone. I cry when I think how hard it is for them today. 

Hugs to you too.

• Moderators

@LostGirl39  I'm so sorry the day holds such sorrow for you...I have been gone the last three days so I'm sorry I'm responding late.  I hope today holds a little peace for you.  (((hugs)))

Archived