Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Little Macey and Ramsey are together and I am so heartbroken

Dee rite

• Members

Hi,

My name is Dee and I am writing through swollen puffy eyes as therapy.  I am truly heartbroken and can’t get it together.  I got up several times in the night looking for him to see if he was ok but then would realize he is gone to be with Macey and is at peace.

Yesterday due to a delay with the vet I was given one extra day with my little Ramsey.  I grabbed that opportunity with both hands.

i took three days off to cherish him but still not enough.

My Macey left me on November 21, 2018 and took her last breath as I held her.  I worked on the day she passed because I did expect her to go and I regret this and will until I die.

They are at peace and now I need to find some.

i just am very grateful for being able to write even if it is just for me.

Dee

• Moderators

Dee, I am so sorry you're having such a hard time.  I just found out I have Melanoma and am having problems with the insurance getting preauth in time for surgery so I was also awake during the night, I should have kept you company here.

The only consolation I see in all this is your Macey and Ramsey are together again and keeping each other company until at last you are all together again.  I understand that time is no more on the other side so the wait for them isn't like it is for us here.  I wish I could console you, but I know of nothing but time to lessen the pain in our hearts.  (((hugs)))

• Members

Dear KayC

i am so sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.

I Work as a RN  and know that this must be a very stressful time for you.

please please please let me know how things are going.

Wishing your you courage, strength and healing during this time.

Dee

• Members

@Dee rite - I remember you from before with Macey, I am so so sorry for your loss. I hope this week was okay for you, though really, I know how it is - it's hard!  Please come back and share. 

Also, @KayC - I am so sorry to hear about you as well, I am glad that you caught it and are getting it treated. I have battled skin cancer since my early 20's and I have to go once a year to get fully checked. Please update us, I know we all would like to know you have it successfully removed and are pulling for you.  

• Moderators

I don't doubt the outcome or their treatment but I woke up this morning (surgery was Friday morning) and it's swollen, it looked fine yesterday afternoon.  I have been on the go since as my car gave me fits on the way home from surgery and I had to buy a newer car Saturday.  Yesterday being Mother's day, I drove my daughter and myself to my son's, a five hour round trip so I haven't had time to rest...I plan to change that now!

• Members

Please take some time for yourself and speedy recovery 

Dee

Archived