Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Back to Back Loss

chrissydee

• Members

My dad passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack back in January of this year. Now I came to find out his father, my grandfather, passed away last night in his sleep. It hasn’t even been 4 months between their deaths and to be honest, I just feel like a train wreck. I know I will never get over this, nor do I want to. But does this at any point get easier? I just lost two very important men in my life and I’m absolutely devastated.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

Dear chrissydee,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry for your loss.  Please know there is no right way or wrong way to grieve. Everyone's grief journey will be different.  To lose two very important people in your life in a short time is extremely difficult. Take your time and know you are not alone. I found the first year the hardest to get through. Everyone told me it will come in time. I hope you will surround yourself with loving friends and family members and know there is support if you want to reach out. I also found these websites helpful in my grief.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog.

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived