Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Initial Shock still processing

mlematuza

• Members

My 19 year old son took his own life 3 weeks ago while at college. It’s so hard to see the pain he was in and didn’t want us to be affected by his suffering. The community around us is very shocked because he was known as very together and such a nice kid. It’s hard to know what’s harder processing it with your family alone at home or being out in the community where you know everyone is just devastated for your family. I do rely on my faith for internal comfort and it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

Dear mlematuza,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. It is terribly hard to fathom that this could have happened. During this sad and difficult time its hard to know what to do. Keep taking it moment by moment. And know that we are all thinking of you and your family. Please know there are resources in the community and through church that want to help and support your family.

Archived