Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

bugsy

laetee

• Members

my rabbit was 8 years old and thats a little older than their average lifespans. his name was bugsy and i raised him from 6 months old. he died pretty suddenly.

my dad buried him yesterday but it all happened so fast i didnt feel ready at all. his fur was so soft and his eyes were still open and glistening and although he wasnt breathing some part of me still felt he was alive. i dont know what to do. i didnt have enough time to say bye and i think i should dig up the box again to make it nicer and say bye better but i dont know if i should. i have been crying on and off for so long and i feel like it would better if i could say bye and spend time with him 

• Moderators

Read Maylissa's post 4/8 here: https://www.griefhealingdiscussiongroups.com/topic/11567-devastated-and-alone/?tab=comments#comment-145789
Sometimes their spirit is still with us and perhaps that is why you still felt he was alive.

I am very sorry for your loss, losing our furry companion can be as hard if not harder than losing a person!  They are in our everyday lives and love us unconditionally and accept us as we are, pretty hard not to beat that!  My heart goes out to you, the hardest part of having a pet is losing them.  :(

And although this shows dogs, cats, horses, your bunny is there too...

Archived