Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a Childhood Friend

Kayla S

• Members

February 19, 2019 was the worst day ever. My childhood friend passed away that day. His mother texted us in a group text that he has a seizure but must of bumped his head. We were all shocked. It was very hard and it still is. It's almost been two months and it still hurts like hell. He was a sweetheart and very funny too. I felt anger, sadness and very depressed and still is. We're keeping happy thoughts but it's still damn hard. We all took it so hard and still do. He was 29 like us. In 2013, we had another childhood friend that passed away too but he died from cancer. It was so difficult and a shock. We also known him since the age of five. It's still hard after six years later. He was only 22. They were both such dear friends of ours. 

• Members

Dear Kayla,

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friends. Life is so hard and unfair. I know its terribly shocking and devastating. Please know that grief is a long road with many ups and downs.  I hope you and friends continue to lean on each other but also know there is grief counselling and many resources in the community or through church that could help.

If you want to maybe these websites can give you some additional supports as well:

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

Tiny Buddha

Grief Share

Grief Recovery Method.

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived