Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My beloved birthday

beaniele

• Members

My Roger's birthday is March 24th. He would have turned 85. My sister will be with me but my heart is breaking. I loved him so much, just like everyone here who has lost someone. I wish everyone some kind of peace if at all possible. This forum has helped me because what I have read is exactly what I feel. Roger, it is time to come home..

Linda

• Members
2 hours ago, beaniele said:

This forum has helped me because what I have read is exactly what I feel. Roger, it is time to come home..

Oh, I know.  At least once a day, I seem to find myself crying to my love, "You need to come home now.  Why can't you come home?"  I'm pretty sure most people would look at me as if I'm crazy if they heard the way I talk to him every day.  Most, not all.  One of my newer friends recently opened up and told me she lost a child many years ago.  We talked about how similar our losses make us feel and yet we both understand that our grief is unique to each of us.  She "gets it" when I tell her I was talking to him.  She also knew him casually, so she has some idea of what a good man he was.

I'm sending you hugs and support to help you through what will be a very difficult day.  My love's birthday was only 6 weeks after he died, so I actually haven't truly experienced it because I was in so much pain then that one day or another wasn't any different.  Every day seemed as impossible as the day before it.

Love and peace and comfort to you.

• Moderators

Your Roger shares my son's birthday.  I understand your feeling, "Roger, it's time to come home."  Boy haven't we all cried that!

• Members

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that says "come home" or "I want him back".  When I walk into our closet and see all of his clothes hanging there it cuts me like a knife, but I can't yet give them away.  In some way, when I see his favorite shirt it brings back such good memories, but then I cry.  Dave's birthday will be Monday, the 25th he would have been 71.  Prayers for all of us that have lost someone precious to us.

• Members
Glad to know that I'm not the only one that says "come home" or "I want him back".  When I walk into our closet and see all of his clothes hanging there it cuts me like a knife, but I can't yet give them away.  In some way, when I see his favorite shirt it brings back such good memories, but then I cry.  Dave's birthday will be Monday, the 25th he would have been 71.  Prayers for all of us that have lost someone precious to us.

I say Charlie,it's time to come home now often,I've even texted it to his beloved phone.Each night when I turn on the bedroom light(he went to bed before me)I say hi honey.My quilt still smells like him and so does his pillow,it's comforting and sad at the same time.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Grieving.com mobile app

• Members

@Billie Rae I have a photo of my husband beside my bed and every night I tell him I love him, miss him and I'm sorry.  In the morning the first thing I say to him is Hi Honey I love you.

• Members
43 minutes ago, Heart&Soul said:

@Billie Rae I have a photo of my husband beside my bed and every night I tell him I love him, miss him and I'm sorry.  In the morning the first thing I say to him is Hi Honey I love you.

I've framed additional photos in a couple of multi-slot frames my mom had.  I put one with pictures of us from decades ago on the bookcase in our entry, adding it to all the more current photos already there.  I also found an old 5x7 all glass frame.  I cropped, adjusted, and printed one of the last great pictures I took of my husband with our granddaughter.  It's one of those casual outdoor settings and lousy quality because all I had was our ancient point and shoot digital, but it so perfectly captures the love between the two of them. It was taken just 2 months before his diagnosis, before we knew that would be the last, long (more than a week) wonderful visit with our girls. 

I put that picture on top of our entertainment center in front of the handsome leather cylinder holding my love's remains.  I come down the stairs every morning, get my coffee going, and say, "Good morning, love."  When I open the shades upstairs that look out over the water, if it's a really pretty day, I say, "Look, sweetie, isn't it beautiful out today?"  Sometimes when I'm really upset, I look up at his picture and tell him how much I love and miss him and that I'm so sorry I didn't do better for him.  I ask to forgive me for my faults and failings, and hope so much that he can hear me and that he does.

I think it's perfectly natural and normal to want to have him "with" me in spirit and in my heart and mind.  I know one thing for certain is that I will never let that go.

• Members

it has been over a year for me and I still whisper, if you came back i wouldn't ask any questions...

• Members

I guess we need to feel a connection to our guys.We loved them for so long it's ingrained into who we are.I know that his imprint on me will always be a part of who I am no matter my future.I see guys in their tool belts on the job and it feels so bittersweet

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Grieving.com mobile app

• Members
8 hours ago, Michelene said:

it has been over a year for me and I still whisper, if you came back i wouldn't ask any questions...

Coming up on 9 months and I still tell him he needs to come home now.

• Members

I spent the day with my brother and my future sister-in-law along with my daughter-in-law visiting Amish Country.  It was a nice day, and I tried to push my thoughts aside, but it was there all the time, Dave would only by 71 today and oh how much he wanted us to be together for years to come.  I have his picture on my screensaver at work and its the first thing I see.  His eyes are looking straight at me as we often just looked into one another's eyes and didn't have to say a word.  He is missed, he is loved and oh how I want him back.

• Members
6 hours ago, foreverhis said:

I still tell him he needs to come home now.

Yes! Such simplicity in words but so meaningful and intense in your share of our thoughts and emotions!  Thank you foreverhis!

49 minutes ago, SBA said:

He is missed, he is loved and oh how I want him back.

Yes! So so deeply missed, loved and wanting them back xo

~Sunflower~

• Moderators

I have a collage of pictures I made for his funeral, on the left is his life before me with his family, in the middle, our courtship, on the right, our life together...I had it up for a long time, I would talk to him before I went to sleep.  I get it out now and then and look at it...what was...

Archived