Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can the world just stop for a second?

Lia

• Members

The past couple days have been particularly difficult. I was hit with this huge wave of grief and haven't been able to leave my room for three days now. I've been trying to fight it and try to get myself excited about school or about seeing my friends and family, but it lasts for about five minutes before the grief hits again.

I know he wouldn't want me to sabotage my life like this, and it makes me feel worse because I feel like I'm letting him down, but I just feel too tired to do anything about it. 

Looking forward to everything I have mapped out for the next few months and years, at one time I was excited for it, but now I just feel like I'm trying to achieve the impossible.

I walked into the kitchen to try and make myself something to eat, but ended up just standing there staring into the fridge before giving up and crawling back into bed. 

I just want everything to slow down or stop for a while, I'm exhausted

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Lia, yes. I’m feeling this way too. Sending you a virtual hug. Thank you for sharing and putting your honesty out there. I hope tomorrow eases up on you.

• Members

Dear Lia,

I'm so sorry, I know how difficult it is to cope with grief. It is so devastating and raw. Its hard to imagine anyone can keep going in this world under so much sadness and sorrow sometimes.

Please know you are not alone. And that everything you are feeling and thinking is normal. It does take time, a long time to come to terms with our sadness. Try to be as kind and gentle with yourself as possible.

Thinking of you. We are with you.

Archived