Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My father passed away- brain cancer 10/9/18

Katherine Marie

• Members
Katherine Marie

Hello,  my beloved Dad - was a lovely person, kind caring, talented, loyal, fun, funny. He was a jazz guitarist- owner of a music center. A healthy man - at 63 he was diagnosed with a brain tumor- after having trouble with his right arm and leg- the family was devastated. They said it was most likely cancer. We were in shock. Everyone was crying. They took him for brain surgery- chemo, radiation. He ended up getting a brain infection, needed second surgery, picc line, had a blood clot, seizures, 6 weeks in Hospice - it was torture. Dad peacefully went to heaven after 13months of hell. The poor sweet thing. God rest his soul. Our hearts are broken. We are in shock.. a void is left.. we are sad and feel empty. He is an amazing soul- everyone loved him. He had so much to offer - and a God given talent- the gift of music. Dad touched so many lives. This doesn’t lessen our pain / nor does it bring him back . Life is so precious. It is hard not to think about what he went through- how scared he was - how brave. Why did a man with a heart of gold have to endure something so awful? I replay moments in my mind when he knew something was wrong , but didn’t know what . I remember when dad said - “why can’t everyone just leave me alone and let me die? Im sick.” I remember- he looked at me and said “I need you to be strong” he cried and said to me .. “you were the best”. I don’t want to dwell on the final year - Dad had 63 amazing years ! More than most people. My heart breaks when I see his picture - I love him more than words can express.

Thanks, Katherine Marie

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Katherine Marie,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad. I love that you shared the beautiful things about him and what he said to you. Every day I think about my beautiful mom and why did she have to suffer so badly when all she did was bring so much love and light to this world...it’s really awful our parents had to suffer. Before my mom passed, she told me “You are my sunshine. I don’t know what I would do without you.” I love that he told you “ you were the best.” Hold on to that. I know you will. I know he’ll live on through you. Your share makes me feel that someone else knows what I went through and what I’m going through. Thank you. Sending prayers of peace ypur way.

Archived