Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

To move on or not to move on?

• Members

I am mid 30's have had 1 divorce already due to her cheating, which gave me a great little boy that I love dearly but only get to see him when I get free time as I live in a different state as him. I am now on the brink of another divorce after being married for 5 years. She has moved out and lives across the country from me. We agreed to it as it was for her job and that we would evaluate our marriage and see if we could ever live together again. She has became distant and does not care anymore. She cant tell me any loving words or express anything loving to me. The best she could do was tell me she appreciated my patience in this whole thing while we figure it out. We separated in Nov 18. She also has a "friend" that calls her all the time, they send photos and gifts to each other, and she calls him baby. As I type this all out it sounds like an easy decision to make but some how she keeps sucking me back in. I am lost and hurt every day. I am not afraid of being alone or finding another woman, I honestly do not want to find another woman though. I know too much about statistics and know my chances after this divorce is slim to none. I think I have rambled on enough thanks for any words you have.

• Members

Dear Sunnydays,

It is extremely hard after being in a long term relationship to walk away. We have invested so much into that person that part of us wants to give them another chance.

But at the same time, try to protect yourself from additional pain and sorrow. It might be worth it to see out a divorce support group in the community or through church.

Archived