Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Thank You to Everyone!

LostGirl39

• Members

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for the advice & support! It means more to me than you’ll ever know. I’m still struggling honestly but I continue to take it one day at a time. I took someone’s advice to start writing in a journal & it’s helped some to get everything out. I even managed to laugh and reminisce about some old pictures & videos that I found of my boyfriend without breaking down. I’m still feeling overwhelmed & depressed about my future without him but I’m trying to focus on right now. My sister-in-law dragged me out of the house today to go run some errands with her. It took my mind off of my grief temporarily. Well until I started seeing a ton of couples out & about. Then the grief hit me all over again. Seeing all of those couples happy & in love just made it worse. I miss him so much! It just reminded me that I’m never gonna hear him say “I Love You” to me a thousand times a day again. I’m never gonna hear his laugh or hear his silly jokes again. 

I’m grateful that I found this group & will continue to vent when I need to. Thank you all again for the  encouragement & inspirational words. It helps tremendously to know that I’m not alone in this journey. It’s especially gonna be hard for me next month. I’ll be reaching a milestone (40) next month & what would have been our 18th anniversary is also on my birthday. So I’ll be posting a lot in the next few weeks. I managed to get through his birthday, which was last Sunday, barely. It was a rough day. I expected to be facing this new chapter in my life with him by my side. Anyway, thanks again & I’m here as well if anybody needs to talk! 

• Members
6 hours ago, LostGirl39 said:

It just reminded me that I’m never gonna hear him say “I Love You” to me a thousand times a day again. I’m never gonna hear his laugh or hear his silly jokes again.

I comprehend you. So many things my wife used to tell me, I will never more hear those things again. This is so sad.

• Moderators

I'm glad we heard from you, I've been wondering...facing our first birthday without them can be hard, I cried myself to sleep on mine, no one wished me a happy birthday all day and George had always made such a big deal of it, it just accentuated the fact he was gone now.  It's sure life changing, that's for sure.  I do hope you will come here and vent, everyone here going through this together, it helps.

• Members
On 3/9/2019 at 8:52 PM, LostGirl39 said:

Well until I started seeing a ton of couples out & about. Then the grief hit me all over again. Seeing all of those couples happy & in love just made it worse. I miss him so much! It just reminded me that I’m never gonna hear him say “I Love You” to me a thousand times a day again. I’m never gonna hear his laugh or hear his silly jokes again.

I know how painful that is.  I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I get resentful when I see couples older than we were who are still happy together, helping each other through their later years.

It's one of the many reasons I don't like leaving the house.  Coming home to a cold, quiet house that was a warm, loving home is a stab in the heart and probably always will be.

My sweetie had a wonderful voice and laugh.  It used to irk the heck out of me sometimes when I'd be in the middle of a perfectly good snit and he would say something unbearably funny to jolly me out of it.  I'd laugh and accuse him of "ruining" my snit.  He'd grin and say, "Your point being?" and then laugh.  And then I'd laugh again.

I miss everything about him.  I'd read somewhere that most people even miss the little quirks they used to find irritating.  It's absolutely true for me. 

I'm sending you heartfelt hugs.

• Members
On 3/11/2019 at 5:23 AM, foreverhis said:

I miss everything about him.  I'd read somewhere that most people even miss the little quirks they used to find irritating.  It's absolutely true for me.

Oh I know what you mean. I miss my loved one in every way that you can miss someone.

Archived