Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Pet After loss

Geoff

• Members

After losing my beautiful little boy (George My cat) I was feeling so bad I found it hard to do go about my daily life I felt my world had come to an end for the first 2 weeks I couldn't stop crying the place felt so empty I didn't want to be there it took me about a month to start feeling a bit better,two weeks ago I took in a rescue cat who needed a home he is  a lovely boy just over a year old, I still miss my little George but this little boy needed a home after having him for 2 week now I am starting to move forward  his name is Reggie and while no one can replace my lovely George he is a totally different cat and im glad I made the decision to get him.

I really want to thank all the people on this site who gave me so much support through a really dark time as I said I still miss my little boy but I am moving forward now .

lots of Love to you all

Geoff xxxxx

• Members

Am so glad to hear about your new friend Reggie and wish you both the very best! 

• Moderators

I'm so glad you have another companion to go through life with...sometimes I think it's easier to get one totally different so as not to compare or expect them to be like the other one.  I lost my dog Lucky in November 2008 and got my Arlie in February 2009, about 2 1/2 months later.  They are complete opposites!  In a way it's been good because it's helped me to appreciate the good things about each of them.  Wishing you the best!

• Members

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better, Geoff. And very happy that you were able to provide a home for the rescue cat. I think that's awesome! There are so many of them, I wish we could save them all. 

Wishing you all the best!

• Members

I went through the same thing losing our C cat who was 15. Now I have a little 3 year old "kitten" that we love. She is very different. I miss our C cat everyday, and I love her too. 

Our hearts are capable of a lot of love and there a lot of animals who need us. Good for you. It's not easy to start again but it is worth it. 

Archived