Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

If you like to have someone to talk to.

ModKatB

• Members

This forum has been a very helpful thing for me since I lost my husband and now they have added a chat feature that is really nice. I have enjoyed being able to have a one on one conversation just as if I am on the phone talking to someone. I know that sometimes it is hard to get things out and the forum is one good place where you are able to discuss your pain, your fears and anything that is on your mind and when you do the ones here are not going to judge you at all. So if you are interested in talking to someone either in a group setting or one on one you can check out the chat feature for yourself.

As always my wish is that all of us can find peace and maybe a small reason to smile.

• Members

They are adding chat times and subjects so you can see what is going on. I spent time in the group chat and then spent time chatting with another member and it really gave me a chance to feel like the ones I was talking to really understood what I was saying instead of it being just a friend trying to listen even though they didn't get it. If you can, please take a look or a listen and see if you want to join in.

As always my wish is that all of us can find peace and maybe a small reason to smile.

• Members

Been a very pleasant experience so far.  If you are on the fence and not sure, come have a look and say hi.  Very nice to have instant reaction to comments and know someone else is right there listening to you who understands.  

• Members

I jumped in the chat room on Tuesday and after a few comments it crashed.  I only saw my comments but no one else.  Did any of you experience this?

• Members
1 hour ago, SSC said:

I jumped in the chat room on Tuesday and after a few comments it crashed.  I only saw my comments but no one else.  Did any of you experience this?

They are definitely still ironing out the kinks on it.  Every so often you have to reboot the chat so you can see what has been posted.  This happens in private messaging as well.  I'm sure it is something that will be corrected in time as they work through any bugs associated with it.  It doesn't happen often enough to be a deterrent in my opinion.   

• Members

Thanks for the info, @floyd11554  I mostly connect to the forum using my IPad.  I found it didn’t always work well using Safari so I switched using the chrome app.  It works much better but maybe I’ll use my laptop when in the chat room.

• Members
50 minutes ago, SSC said:

Thanks for the info, @floyd11554  I mostly connect to the forum using my IPad.  I found it didn’t always work well using Safari so I switched using the chrome app.  It works much better but maybe I’ll use my laptop when in the chat room.

No prob!  Look forward to seeing you there.

• Moderators

I haven't tried the chat room, gosh, haven't used a chat room for over 20 years!  Maybe if I can figure it out I might try it sometimes!

Archived