Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I never cry but when my old cat had to be put to sleep i did a few

gary498

• Members

i knew she was at the end but i was ready and accept it.but 20 mins ago walk down stairs to check the 2 dogs and 2 cat i saw the older cat have seizure so put dogs away and the other cat in kitchen there no vets open so i try to make her comfortable wait see i did not cry till she passed only a few tears but when i walked to the kitchen and the other cat waiting a door meowed at me i broke down i can't stop crying

i am 22 year old man

• Moderators

I am so sorry, it's so hard to lose our furry family members, they are very much our family and their loss affects us so much.  Man or not, tears often come with loss/grief.  My son also is non-demonstrative but when his stepdad passed, he would wake up crying, cry at work, only time in his life besides losing our dogs and cats.  I wish I knew some way to console you, but I only know when I've suffered loss to let the tears flow and it takes time to adjust, time to heal.  I'm so sorry.

• Members

Oh no, I am so so sorry for your sudden loss. :( It's totally normal to cry - let it out. And you will miss her so so much. We all know what you are going through. Please come back and write if it helps you. It takes time to grieve. 

Archived