Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My mother and my father are both dead

cybil hawkins

• Members

Hi Cybil,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
What I do, instead of using substances, I pretend my parents have gone on a long holiday.
And I think one day I will get to join them.
Think of it as your parents have gone on a long holiday to another place.
And find things to concentrate on. I have a cat now. And the cat keeps me laughing. It helps me forget about my parents. They're both gone now too.

• Members

Dear Cybil,

I am very sorry and I know its horribly difficult to cope with. Please know you are not alone and there are lots of people that care about you. Don't be afraid to reach and get some help in the community or through church or other online support groups on Facebook as well.

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but with support and understanding and help, it will get a little easier.

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Sending you love and prayers for hope. I am so sad for your loss. 

• Members

Im sorry to hear that and sorry for your loss. A little backstory, we were tricked into having an op for my mum. My dad has dementia. Whatever things I planned are gone and hopes are dashed. I feel only guilt and sorrow and anger.

I can understand a little of what you're feeling

On some days Im very sad, on other days Im itching to fight....... there's a lot of pent up frustrations from my end and Im being blamed for my mum's death and not caring enough for my dad.

I am using some medications and supplements to try to cope, have you tried visiting a professional? I know it doesnt always help but do give it a try or talk to some one.

• Members

Do reply back and update us. You should find help with friends, relatives or from the community too.

It's a struggle. Everyday I wake up and go to sleep crying and feeling bad and guilty. Im also being tormented by this.

Try to seek professional help through medication/supplements and therapies. Try going out for some sun once in a while....... your parents would want you to continue living

• Members

I lost my dad 18months ago....I unexpectedly lost my mom two weeks ago. I feel alone....it doesn’t feel real. I wake up each morning....and it happens again. I don’t want to talk to anyone...or really be around anyone.  I have three children and a husband. I try to “do life”, but it’s hard. I have ups and downs....they say be strong....they say focus on the good memories.....but that seems to make it worse.

i reply voicemails she left me....to hear her voice...i am lost...and my world feels so lonely and quiet. I don’t know how to describe it

• Members

Dear Sadrich,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know everything you are feeling and thinking is a normal part of grief. It's so raw and devastating to lose two parents in such a short time. Its hard to get through each day but keep taking it moment by moment. Please know there are supports in the community and through church.  Its been two years for me, but I still struggle. I find these websites can be helpful.

Grief in Common

What's Your Grief

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Share

Grief Recovery Method.

And if you want, try and join one of the chats to talk with others.

Thinking of you.

Archived