Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×
+Jeffrey+

In Loving Memory Of Lady G.

+Jeffrey+
4 hours ago, KayC said:

She is beautiful, I love her coloring.  If I call Kitty, half the time she ignores me.  She likes to come to the patio door to be let in, and then when I open it, she runs off!  Your little girl comes running for ya, like my Miss Mocha did.

That's funny about Kitty. Go through all that trouble to let her inside and and she runs off. :lol: Could the door possibly be making a noise at times that scares her? Or do you think she was just seeing if she could get her way? :tongue: Yeah, Lady G. would always come running to me when I went outside, or when I would pull up in the driveway. Rarely did I ever have to call her. If she heard me, or saw me, she couldn't wait to get to me. And I miss that so much. She would hold that tail straight up and shake it with excitement. She knew I loved her dearly, and she made me feel just as loved. If I sat on the porch, she'd get in my lap and lay, or lay beside me. We were best friends. 

Thanks for the kind words, and for the laugh. 

• Like 1

KayC
3 hours ago, +Jeffrey+ said:

Or do you think she was just seeing if she could get her way?

She TOTALLY wants her way!  And she likes the power of choice.  She's the opposite of Miss Mocha, my cat I lost three years ago.  But I understand Kitty, as nuts as she can drive me, I know where she came from and much of what she's been through, so I have to forgive her her foibles.  

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+

8 long months without her. She's dearly missed! Dearly loved!

+Jeffrey+

9 long months without Lady G. Here's another video of her being all silly. She was so much fun. Man, I miss her so much!

• Like 1

KayC

I get it, I really do, even though it's only been 8 1/2 weeks for me.

It's funny how she can be carrying around all that stuff and seem not to notice!  Sigh...I know you're missing her, just as I am missing my Arlie.  I would give all that I have to see his sweet face again.  My sweet boy.

• Hugs 1

+Jeffrey+
1 hour ago, KayC said:

I get it, I really do, even though it's only been 8 1/2 weeks for me.

It's funny how she can be carrying around all that stuff and seem not to notice!  Sigh...I know you're missing her, just as I am missing my Arlie.  I would give all that I have to see his sweet face again.  My sweet boy.

Lady G. loved moss! She laid on it all the time, and would occasionally play with it. Where ever there would be a large clump of moss, you can bet she'd be laying on it, or beside it. I would often gather some up for her, and make her some comfy beds at the base of the large live oak trees around my house, or the neighbor's yard. She really enjoyed herself outdoors. I still look over at, or visit, her favorite resting places each day. I think of her all the time, Kay. And I am not exaggerating. And of course, I know you do the same about Arlie. We will certainly never forget them. 

• Like 1

KayC

She's beautiful, looks very feminine like my Miss Mocha, and I'm missing her too, hard to believe it's been over three years.  I smile at your Lady G. loving moss!

• Hugs 1

+Jeffrey+
9 hours ago, KayC said:

She's beautiful, looks very feminine like my Miss Mocha, and I'm missing her too, hard to believe it's been over three years.  I smile at your Lady G. loving moss!

Thank you, Kay. She was so dang adorable. When I put that moss on her back, she pranced around like she was walking on a catwalk! :lol::P I would often tell her "You go, girlfriend!" :laugh: So, so much fun having her around.:(

• Like 1

KayC

You've given me a smile for today!

• Hugs 1

+Jeffrey+

BOO! Happy Halloween, Lady G. :lol:

Lady G. (2.14.2015) (4).JPG

• Like 1

KayC

That is the cutest picture and fits Halloween!

• Hugs 1

+Jeffrey+

It's been a long 10 months without my Lady G. Gone, but certainly not forgotten! 

We've had some nice, cool weather here lately. When the temps dropped, you'd see her running all around the yard and climbing trees. Bucking and acting all silly. She was as fast as lightning. That girl loved to play. And it was a lot of fun playing with her. 

I love you punkin!

• Like 1

KayC

It's hard for me to understand how we can survive without them, the hardest thing in the world is learning to live without them. I keep telling Arlie this is HIS home and if he wants to come back, he's welcome to, any time!  I know that sounds weird, not like he can, but it's important to me for him to know I haven't "moved on", that he is always welcome here.  I still have his bed, his recliner, his loveseat, his food, his toys.  I guess this won't end until I am gone.  :(

Still having a hard time eating "the last bite," it was always Arlie's.

• Hugs 1

+Jeffrey+
4 hours ago, KayC said:

It's hard for me to understand how we can survive without them, the hardest thing in the world is learning to live without them. I keep telling Arlie this is HIS home and if he wants to come back, he's welcome to, any time!  I know that sounds weird, not like he can, but it's important to me for him to know I haven't "moved on", that he is always welcome here.  I still have his bed, his recliner, his loveseat, his food, his toys.  I guess this won't end until I am gone.  :(

Still having a hard time eating "the last bite," it was always Arlie's.

I totally understand, Kay. And no, nothing you say or do sounds weird at all to me. I'm pretty much the same way. This is our way of dealing with such a difficult loss. It's what we feel we need to do to get through this. And I too still have Lady G.'s food and belongings. I plan to give her food away soon. It's just so hard to get rid of it. I do need to do so before it expires, though. 

We're heartbroken, Kay. We just have to continue on the best way we can.

Hang in there.

• Like 1

KayC

Yeah I've thought about that too (food expiring) but I just can't move it from the kitchen.  I still have the brown rice sitting on the table (I cooked him batches of food as well as his dry).  

:(

• Hugs 1

+Jeffrey+

Thinking of you on this beautiful Thanksgiving day, Lady G.! Of course, there's not a single day that goes by that I don't think of you!

Love you girl!

• Like 2

KayC

Jeffrey,

I posted something similar to Arlie too yesterday, of course our thoughts are of them and wishing they were here.  So hard...

• Hugs 1

+Jeffrey+
12 hours ago, KayC said:

Jeffrey,

I posted something similar to Arlie too yesterday, of course our thoughts are of them and wishing they were here.  So hard...

It is very hard. I've been shedding more tears lately thinking of her. I'm fine and all, just still hard to believe she's gone. Just seeing other cats makes me tear up. It's crazy, but dang, I miss her so much. I saw 2 beautiful cats just up the road at a convenience store the other day. They were play fighting and having such a good time. I walked over and spoke to them, and reached down and briefly pet both of them on the head. It warmed my heart, and of course, brought a few tears to my eyes. :(

I know it's still a difficult time for you as well, but I still want to wish you Happy holidays. Kay. I'm sure your precious Arlie and my Lady G. are looking down on us and shaking their little heads, and telling one another that we cry too much! LOL:lol:

Hang in there!!

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+

11 long months have passed without Lady G. by my side, and I still miss her like crazy. 

A small rose bloomed 2 or 3 days ago on one of her 3 rose bushes. Seeing those roses bloom always puts a smile on my face. 

I love you dearly Lady G.!

• Like 1

KayC

Monday will be four months for Arlie.  It's hard to believe 11 months have passed for you...I'm glad the roses are there.  Here we're supposed to get snow today and in the days to follow, roses seldom make it because of the deer, they love them.  Enjoy your roses!

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+
4 hours ago, KayC said:

Monday will be four months for Arlie.  It's hard to believe 11 months have passed for you...I'm glad the roses are there.  Here we're supposed to get snow today and in the days to follow, roses seldom make it because of the deer, they love them.  Enjoy your roses!

Thank you very much Kay. Oh I bet it's beautiful there when it snows. We do often get snow here in Georgia, but very rarely here along the coast where I live. Nothing like the amount of snow you get, though. Not even close! And thankfully, I do not have any deer around where I live to eat Lady G.'s roses! I know just how much damage deer can do to some flowers. :lol:

Hope you and that sweet, little dog are getting along well! He is precious!

• Like 1

KayC

I took him to my church' Block Party yesterday, must have had 100 people/kids hold him, he did really well with it all but conked out on the way home.  Oh and I took him out on the lawn afterwards and he peed and peed and peed, he must have held it when we were inside, I was so proud of him!  He's doing well with the peeing...not the pooping yet, still finding obscure places inside to do it in.  But he'll get there, eventually.  I have him walking on a leash now, he gets annoyed with the leash but he'll get more used to it.

I love the deer so don't mind the trade-off, but I had them eat the rosebush we planted when we lost Fluffy (dog) years ago, that was hard...thorns and all.

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+

A very Merry Christmas to the most awesome, and most dearly missed little girl in the world!

I Love you Lady G.!

• Like 1

KayC

Jeffrey,

Thinking of your today as I know you're missing your beautiful girl even as I am missing my Arlie.  Oh why couldn't things just continue as they were!  It seems loss and change are constants in our lives.  Wishing you some peace this day.

• Hugs 1

+Jeffrey+
10 hours ago, KayC said:

Jeffrey,

Thinking of your today as I know you're missing your beautiful girl even as I am missing my Arlie.  Oh why couldn't things just continue as they were!  It seems loss and change are constants in our lives.  Wishing you some peace this day.

Thank you, Kay. I know it's not the same without your sweet boy, but I sure hope you're able to enjoy this Christmas day. At least a little.

Merry Christmas, Kay.

• Like 1