Share Your Loved One's Pictures

In our beautiful Gallery

Memorial Day

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
+Jeffrey+

In Loving Memory Of Lady G.

Shemoore

It's been one month today since Socks the Cat transitioned to Heaven. I just try to take one day at a time. I'm glad I work for myself. I can hide the tears easier. 

• Like 2

+Jeffrey+

Thinking of you on this beautiful Easter day, Lady G. I love you and miss you very much!

• Like 2

AJWCat

Hope you are doing okay. 

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+
27 minutes ago, AJWCat said:

Hope you are doing okay. 

Hi AJWCat. I guess I'm doing a little better, or at least not crying as much as I was. My heart still aches terribly for my little girl, and will do so for the rest of my life. I think of her all the time. Not a day has went by that she hasn't been on my mind. I am so thankful that I got to share a part of my life with such a special little girl! 

Thanks for checking in, and I certainly hope you're doing well, too.

• Like 1

JosefinaK

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lady G.

I wanted to ask you how have you been doing in this 4 months and what things did you do to cope with this pain.

My beloved Khaleesi died one day and a half ago and I feel completely lost, heartbroken and feel like she took a part of me with her. She was everything to me, and even i've face the death of family members and close friends, nothing has ever hit me so hard in life like the death of my Khal.

Hoping you've been doing better and wishing you the best.

DSC_0512.JPG

• Like 2

+Jeffrey+
4 hours ago, JosefinaK said:

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lady G.

I wanted to ask you how have you been doing in this 4 months and what things did you do to cope with this pain.

My beloved Khaleesi died one day and a half ago and I feel completely lost, heartbroken and feel like she took a part of me with her. She was everything to me, and even i've face the death of family members and close friends, nothing has ever hit me so hard in life like the death of my Khal.

Hoping you've been doing better and wishing you the best.

Hello JosefinaK!

First of all, I am truly sorry for the loss of your beautiful Khaleesi. And I certainly know how you're feeling. Losing a loved one, including a dear pet, is never an easy thing to go through. You're going to have some bad days ahead, no doubt, but it's not going to be difficult forever. You just have to give yourself some time to heal. The good news is that you will get through this. Of course, you will miss your baby for the rest of your life. We will all miss our babies for the rest of our lives. But it's crucial that we move on with our own lives, as best as we can. Our babies would not want us to stay sad forever. I truly believe that. I know Lady G. wouldn't want me to be sad forever.

I am doing a little better, but I had a very difficult time during the first 3 months or so. I was sad all the time, and constantly crying. I still cry at times, but not as much. Of course, I still think of Lady G. all the time. Hardly a moment goes by that I do not think of my precious, little girl. She was such an amazing cat. I miss her very much, and will do so for the rest of my life.

I think talking about her on this forum and on other support forums has helped me during this difficult time. I love talking about her, and will continue to do so every chance I get. I've also been working out back trying to make it pretty around her grave, now that the weather has warmed up here. I planted a couple of Double Knock Out Rose bushes on May 4th, and pray they grow successfully and produce a lot of beautiful flowers for her. I've still got a lot of work to do before I am satisfied with how it looks. But I am certainly going to try and see what I can do for her. She was a very special cat to me, and she deserves to have a pretty grave site.  

Thank you very much for the kind words. 

I wish you the very best, and hope you're able to find comfort soon. Please hang in there. You will get through this!

Jeffrey

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

JosefinaK

Thanks Jeffrey for all your kind words. I will try to be strong for getting through this.

last night I completely lost it. Got home from work and realizing that she will never be there again to welcome home was devastating. I couldn’t stop crying with pain.. had to call my mom for her to calm me down. 

I miss her so much... but I will try to get through this. 

Thanks

48F977D1-7656-40D3-B86E-88480DED170E.jpeg

• Hugs 1

AJWCat

Hi @JosefinaK I just read your post here and saw you posted a couple other places too. Your cat Khal was sooooo pretty, and I am so sorry for your loss. I too know what you are going through. I lost my wonderful cat who we'd had for 10 years extremely suddenly from an unknown illness.

You are, sadly, in the early days. They are the toughest. You wonder how you can even survive the pain - hard to believe that emotions can be so crippling. But they are. It's been less than 2 years and I still cannot bare to think about our last night with him. Very much like Jeffrey said, the first couple months are pretty hard, can't lie. You start to have better days. You come to accept the new reality and you enjoy the memories. There is no way around this process other than through. But then a wave will hit you - literally a wave of sadness will hit you and you grieve all over again. Again, just the process - like your brain and your heart has to deal with it and it takes a while. 

All I can say is, good that you found this place. It was all I had - my husband who was equally devastated still couldn't take my constant need to talk about this. Please post if it makes you feel better, it sure did for me. My heart goes out to you.      

• Like 2

KayC

I hadn't seen this thread but posted in response to one of your other threads.

I'm sorry, I know how hard it is, having been through it, I still miss my last few cats and although we get used to life without them eventually, we yearn for and miss them years later.  It's hard.  I'm glad I believe in afterlife for I don't feel it all ends here and can't wait to join them again!  Wishing for some peace and comfort for you.

• Like 2

Shemoore

Hi KayC,

I have good days and bad days. I know that this is normal and part of the grieving process. Mother's Day was a little sad. I never really thought of Socks the Cat as my fur baby, like some people refer to their pets. He was just my buddy and we spent a lot of time together. How are you doing?

• Like 1

JosefinaK

Hi @AJWCat thank you for your words. I really like reading how averyone here has been in my place and that I'm not alone with this grieving process.

I an indeed taking note on all the things you all have been replying, so again, thank you.

Hoping you are having better days today!

• Like 2

+Jeffrey+

Four months ago today, you were taken from me. And it’s been a hard four months without you, Lady G. I've kept a few things the same around here for you. I still have the window screen up to where it was the last time you came through my window. I still even open the window for you every night I am home. I still keep that chair up next to the 4-wheeler so it’s easier for you to get up and down at my window. I still have that old chair at the back of the boat that made it easier for you to get in and out of. I still have your cat food, too, but plan to give it to the lady that you belonged to first. It’s just hard to give away something that was yours. I know you wouldn't mind, I've just got to bring myself to do it. Plus, we'd be helping her cat that you were friends with.

Lastly, on May 4th, I planted two cherry red Double Knock Out Rose bushes for you (one on each side of your grave). I am praying for them to grow successfully and produce tons of beautiful flowers for us, and hope they'll do so forever. You certainly deserve a beautiful grave site, punkin.

I love you Lady G.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

AJWCat

Thinking of you @+Jeffrey+ and how nice that you got rose bushes for sweet Lady G. Fitting for such a beautiful cat. I know where you are right now.

I am quickly approaching 2 years. I still have my C-cat's favorite "banana" stuffed with catnip and his favorite white mouse. My new kitty plays with it a little every now and then, and I hope he does not mind. It's all I kept and I don't see getting rid of it. I also still have his photos on the home screen of all my devices. I don't have those truly low, grieving moments anymore but he is not forgotten.  

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+
2 hours ago, AJWCat said:

Thinking of you @+Jeffrey+ and how nice that you got rose bushes for sweet Lady G. Fitting for such a beautiful cat. I know where you are right now.

I am quickly approaching 2 years. I still have my C-cat's favorite "banana" stuffed with catnip and his favorite white mouse. My new kitty plays with it a little every now and then, and I hope he does not mind. It's all I kept and I don't see getting rid of it. I also still have his photos on the home screen of all my devices. I don't have those truly low, grieving moments anymore but he is not forgotten.  

Thank you @AJWCat Glad to hear you're doing a little better. I feel I am doing a little better as well. It has been very difficult for me, though. And I still have all of Lady G.'s belongings, and plan to keep everything. I also have Lady G.'s photo as my desktop background. I also use pictures of her as my avatar on other forums I am a member of. My baby is with me all over the Internet! :D Gosh, I miss her so much!

Again, thank you very much.

KayC

Jeffrey,

That post was very touching...for the longest time I look at my patio door hoping to see Miss Mocha wanting in.  It never happened.  I don't remember when I stopped looking.  it's all enough to make your heart break.

• Like 1