+Jeffrey+

In Loving Memory Of Lady G.

AJWCat

SO many wonderful videos of her thanks for sharing with us. 

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+
4 hours ago, AJWCat said:

SO many wonderful videos of her thanks for sharing with us. 

Thank you very much, and thanks for watching.

Jtc

Jeffrey I really feel for you, I'm so very sorry that you had to lose your wonderful cat Lady G in such a way.  I hope it was very quick with minimal suffering for her, but of course such a terrible shock for you especially as you clearly had such a wonderful bond.

It is clear to see in  her photos that she felt so happy, assured  and content with you.  Therefor I'm sure she showed you  all her funny and endearing little ways because she felt so appreciated, valued an loved, and therefore knew that she could be really confident to totally be herself, and express all  her cat behaviour.  As well as that it is so clear to see that she was an exceptionally beautiful and  endearing girl.  I can great intelligence in her eyes too.

I'm glad you  did have 12 wonderful years with her, which were clearly wonderfully happy years for her and for you.

We are thinking of  you.

• Like 1

Jtc

PS I'm sorry for the few spelling mistakes in my reply.

J

+Jeffrey+
3 hours ago, Jtc said:

Jeffrey I really feel for you, I'm so very sorry that you had to lose your wonderful cat Lady G in such a way.  I hope it was very quick with minimal suffering for her, but of course such a terrible shock for you especially as you clearly had such a wonderful bond.

It is clear to see in  her photos that she felt so happy, assured  and content with you.  Therefor I'm sure she showed you  all her funny and endearing little ways because she felt so appreciated, valued an loved, and therefore knew that she could be really confident to totally be herself, and express all  her cat behaviour.  As well as that it is so clear to see that she was an exceptionally beautiful and  endearing girl.  I can great intelligence in her eyes too.

I'm glad you  did have 12 wonderful years with her, which were clearly wonderfully happy years for her and for you.

We are thinking of  you.

Jtc, thank you very much for the kind words. I truly appreciate your support. And I hope you are doing well.

Lady G. is constantly on my mind. I miss her so much.

Jtc

Jeffrey

I am concerned to hear how unhappy you are feeling.  It is of course entirely understandable, but I wondered  if it  would be worth talking to a bereavement support line or counsellor to help you to release some of the pain.

J

+Jeffrey+
4 hours ago, Jtc said:

Jeffrey

I am concerned to hear how unhappy you are feeling.  It is of course entirely understandable, but I wondered  if it  would be worth talking to a bereavement support line or counsellor to help you to release some of the pain.

J

I appreciate your concern, Jtc. I will be okay, though. Reading through this forum is a lot of help. Like everyone else, I have those moments when sadness takes over for a bit.

Again, thank you!

KayC

She is truly adorable, I'm glad you have the videos, I am horrid at taking pictures and worse at videos, you'll treasure them.

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+
41 minutes ago, KayC said:

She is truly adorable, I'm glad you have the videos, I am horrid at taking pictures and worse at videos, you'll treasure them.

Thank you very much, KayC. She always put a smile on my face. 

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+

Two months ago today, my dear Lady G. was taken from me. These past two months have been filled with incredible sadness without my little girl. I am going about my daily life, functioning, but the pain is still very much there. I have smiled a few times the last couple of days or so, thinking of her, So that's good, I guess. We had such a wonderful life together. A life full of love, and precious memories, which I promise you, I will never forget. Lady G. was an angel.

Here's another pic of that precious, little girl.

I love you, Punkin! Missing you like crazy!

Lady G. (January 29, 2018) (R).jpeg

KayC

I love how sweet she looks, so feminine, like my Miss Mocha was.

It's good when thoughts of her bring a smile rather than tears, I much prefer that!  They gave us plenty of reason to smile.

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+
11 hours ago, KayC said:

I love how sweet she looks, so feminine, like my Miss Mocha was.

It's good when thoughts of her bring a smile rather than tears, I much prefer that!  They gave us plenty of reason to smile.

Aww, thank you very much, KayC.

• Like 1

AJWCat

That adorable face. I was very much where you are now once I reached 2 months.

And yet even today, I was overcome with sadness today for our C cat - angel date Aug 12 2017.

It was a Saturday like today is. I remember wondering if I could ever find "joy" in a Saturday night again. Because that night, we were almost done BBQ-ing dinner and ready to have a nice, relaxing night when he got suddenly horribly sick. We raced from the mountain house we were at, 30 minutes away to an emergency vet. 2 hours later, we were going home without him. It was unreal. I could not eat or sleep. The world went dark.   

So, yeah, it just takes a lot of time. Day by day. Your sweet Lady G will never leave you either, but the pain will be less frequent and the good memories will stay.  

• Like 2

+Jeffrey+
2 hours ago, AJWCat said:

That adorable face. I was very much where you are now once I reached 2 months.

And yet even today, I was overcome with sadness today for our C cat - angel date Aug 12 2017.

It was a Saturday like today is. I remember wondering if I could ever find "joy" in a Saturday night again. Because that night, we were almost done BBQ-ing dinner and ready to have a nice, relaxing night when he got suddenly horribly sick. We raced from the mountain house we were at, 30 minutes away to an emergency vet. 2 hours later, we were going home without him. It was unreal. I could not eat or sleep. The world went dark.   

So, yeah, it just takes a lot of time. Day by day. Your sweet Lady G will never leave you either, but the pain will be less frequent and the good memories will stay.  

Thank you, AJWcat

I was over at a friends the other night, and his neighbor was outside with her cat that looks very similar to Lady G. Even the same size. I was talking to her and telling her about Lady G. when her cat ran away and climbed up a small tree. OMG, it was all I could do to keep from crying. Even had to turn away for a second to regain my composure. When her cat did that, it reminded me so much of my little girl and the last time I saw her climb a tree. Two or three nights before Lady G.'s death, I was sitting in the truck with my brother allowing it to warm up, when Lady G. came running out in front of it and climbed up that small tree by the driveway. I was taken back to that moment the other night. Maybe that was my baby giving me a sign. I like to think so.

Here are a couple of older pics of her climbing a large sweetgum tree behind my house. She scared me when she climbed that high up in it. Even in her older age, she was still climbing them. She loved climbing trees. She was such a show off! :laugh:

large.512564146_LadyG.InTree(April252008)(1).JPG.751f8a561e4317880d46979700035bc1.JPG

large.843899522_LadyG.InTree(April252008)(2).JPG.e86fd446416a43ab80900b25c2c3ec8a.JPG

AJWCat

Ah love her pics. My cats have all been indoors but we live in the city and it's definitely no place a cat can hang out. 

• Like 1

KayC

She is really sweet!  Very adorable face. 

My cat liked being in high places too.  I met her when she was ten and she came to live with me at twelve.  She went missing and we couldn't find her.  My son finally heard her barely croaking a meow after five days being gone...she was in a tree.  He drove his truck under it and stood on the cab and barely reached her, her scratching and clawing him all the way down.  A couple days later she did the same thing only this time higher up.  We live in the country and trust me, fire departments don't come get cats out of trees.  Tree climbers can't get to the cats as the cats go further up the tree when scared.  My son couldn't reach her this time, so he shot the branch off and she came floating down on it, like you'd see in a cartoon, in slow motion, back and forth until she reached the ground (she wasn't hurt)...she never climbed a tree again.  But she is very agile.  She can hop up on the patio from a sitting position on the ground...the patio is about 8-10' up since it's on a hill.  She's 24 now so that's quite a feat!

• Like 2

+Jeffrey+
4 hours ago, AJWCat said:

Ah love her pics. My cats have all been indoors but we live in the city and it's definitely no place a cat can hang out. 

Thanks again. I live right next to a busy street, and cars are always speeding through. I always worried about Lady G. going out there, and I did see her do so late at night a few times, but for the most part, she stayed away. She wouldn't go near it during the day. Way too busy out there. I have a very large backyard that she enjoyed. I couldn't keep her inside all the time. She would go crazy wanting out. As long as I had her, she still had some wildness in her.

2 hours ago, KayC said:

She is really sweet!  Very adorable face. 

My cat liked being in high places too.  I met her when she was ten and she came to live with me at twelve.  She went missing and we couldn't find her.  My son finally heard her barely croaking a meow after five days being gone...she was in a tree.  He drove his truck under it and stood on the cab and barely reached her, her scratching and clawing him all the way down.  A couple days later she did the same thing only this time higher up.  We live in the country and trust me, fire departments don't come get cats out of trees.  Tree climbers can't get to the cats as the cats go further up the tree when scared.  My son couldn't reach her this time, so he shot the branch off and she came floating down on it, like you'd see in a cartoon, in slow motion, back and forth until she reached the ground (she wasn't hurt)...she never climbed a tree again.  But she is very agile.  She can hop up on the patio from a sitting position on the ground...the patio is about 8-10' up since it's on a hill.  She's 24 now so that's quite a feat!

Thank you, KayC. 

Wow! 24 years old! That is truly amazing! And bless her little heart! I've heard of cats living into their mid 30s, so living an extremely long time is possible. I actually thought Lady G. was going to live a lot longer, but sadly, it didn't happen. I did have her much longer than any of my previous cats, so I am very thankful for that. Very thankful!

Thanks again, y'all!

KayC

Thank you for sharing her memorial thread with us.  She is really sweet and I wish you could have had her with you for a whole lot longer.

• Like 1

Geoff

Its been nearly 4 month now since I lost my little boy and a few weeks since I got another rescue cat Reggie he is a lovely friendly boy and while I still get upset at times im doing much better and its all down to the support I have had from all of you here I really want to thank you all..xxxx

• Like 2

KayC

Geoff,

We wish you well with Reggie.  It's understood you're still grieving, I'm sure it'll continue to get better for you, it sure takes a while, doesn't it.  

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+

3 months ago today, the most precious little girl in the world was taken from me. She was my world. My best friend. My little angel. There hasn't been a day go by that I haven't thought of her, and cried at least once. Even through all the pain, I still manage to occasionally smile while thinking of her, or while looking at her sweet photos and videos. 

Thank you my dear Lady G., for filling my life with so much love and happiness. Thank you for choosing me to be your best friend. Thank you for all the beautiful memories you have given me, and for all the countless number of times you made me laugh and smile. Thank you for being my shadow, and following me all around the yard, hanging out with me, and for allowing me to take all those beautiful pictures and videos of you. Thank you for being the most awesome, most precious, and most loving cat in the world. Thank you for everything, Punkin'.

I love you and miss you soooooooooooooooooooo much! 

large.1209945212_LadyG.(January292018)(9

• Like 1

KayC

She looks so sweet and innocent, reminds me of my Miss Mocha even though they look different, there's something about them, their sweetness...

• Like 1

+Jeffrey+
1 hour ago, KayC said:

She looks so sweet and innocent, reminds me of my Miss Mocha even though they look different, there's something about them, their sweetness...

Thank you very much, KayC. Hope you're doing great, and your dear pets are too! 

• Like 1

Shemoore

She's beautiful Jeffrey.

• Like 2

+Jeffrey+
2 minutes ago, Shemoore said:

She's beautiful Jeffrey.

Thank you very much! Hope you're doing great as well!

• Like 1