Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

In Loving Memory Of Lady G.

+Jeffrey+

• Moderators

Well I might have but my daughter came up and told me her husband's Christmas present to her is he's filing for divorce.  He's still living with her although he left her nearly three years ago after her miscarriage.  She cried and talked about how she's shut down and can't talk about it and works all the time, he's hurt her so much these past few years.  I only want for peace and healing for her, alas the one thing I can't grant, that will be up to her to do.  :(

I am feeling blessed with little Kodie...at night I put him in the kennel and shut the door and nary a peep out of him all night!  He doesn't even cry when he wakes up in the morning, he waits for me to come get him.  Who gets a puppy like that!  :)

I hope you had a good Christmas or at least some peace.

• Hugs 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• +Jeffrey+

• KayC

• AJWCat

• Geoff

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A year ago today, I got the awful news about my dear, Lady G. It's been a difficult year without her. And I still occasionally get upset, but things have improved a little. I still think of her every single day, and often. I will do so for the rest of my life. I will never forget this sweet, little girl. My best friend! Ever!

I love you dearly, Lady G.! 

• Like 1

• Moderators

(((hugs))) Sending comfort your way and hoping for increasing peace.  I know we'll never forget them, they will be cherished forever in our hearts.

• Like 1

• Members
14 hours ago, KayC said:

(((hugs))) Sending comfort your way and hoping for increasing peace.  I know we'll never forget them, they will be cherished forever in our hearts.

Thank you, Kay. I sure hope things are getting a little better for you as well. 

• Like 1

• Members

Happy Valentine's Day Lady G.

I Love You!

• Like 1

• Members

Happy Easter, my dear Lady G.!

I Love you!

• Like 2

• Members

2 years ago today, and Still missing her like crazy! That will never change, but I am not hurting nearly as bad any more. Finally! Time does heal our pain. It does get better! For those of you who are having an extremely difficult time right now, you've just got to hang in there. I know that's been said a lot, but it's worth repeating. It does get better!

I love you dearly, Lady G.! 

• Like 2

• Moderators

And everyone please know that our healing does NOT detract from our live or missing them!  It's a thankfully naturally occurring process our bodies go through because we cannot maintain the level of pain we're in at the beginning!  It is so hard to go through, as we go through withdrawal and adjust to the absence of their daily interactions in our lives.  NEVER will I stop loving or missing Arlie not even one iota!   Do not think it amiss if we catch ourselves smiling at some point.  I've had so many hard losses in my life, the hardest by far were my sweet husband and my Arlie dog.  For some it might be a child, a parent, a sibling.  We can't compare losses but we can relate on the level of loss we have experienced.
http://www.aliveinmemory.org/2013/05/30/learning-how-to-smile-again/

• Like 1

• Members
54 minutes ago, KayC said:

And everyone please know that our healing does NOT detract from our live or missing them!  It's a thankfully naturally occurring process our bodies go through because we cannot maintain the level of pain we're in at the beginning!  It is so hard to go through, as we go through withdrawal and adjust to the absence of their daily interactions in our lives.  NEVER will I stop loving or missing Arlie not even one iota!   Do not think it amiss if we catch ourselves smiling at some point.  I've had so many hard losses in my life, the hardest by far were my sweet husband and my Arlie dog.  For some it might be a child, a parent, a sibling.  We can't compare losses but we can relate on the level of loss we have experienced.
http://www.aliveinmemory.org/2013/05/30/learning-how-to-smile-again/

Well said, KayC! Thanks for posting that. And I hope you are doing well. 

Late April of last year, this little guy showed up around the house. I went outside to walk around for a bit of exercise, and I kept hearing something in the bushes. At first, I thought I was hearing things. Then, I thought to myself, is that a kitten meowing? I'd hear it as I walked away, but when I walked closer to inspect, it would hush. Finally, after several minutes, I saw it! 

Meet Kobe. My awesome little boy! First image is two days after I found him. Second image is a recent pic of him. My father named him. It's the first time I didn't name one of my cats. I think it fits him well. And yes, of course, he is a handful! And he is a pro at it!! :P

spacer.png

Kobe-December-29-2020-3.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

OMG, how cute is that!!!  Such beautiful markings and such shiny fur, shows good health!  I am still waiting for the right kitten/cat to come along.  It's been a year since I've lost Kitty.  :(  Kind of waiting for Kodie to get past some of the puppy stage, but he was good with Kitty, she just wasn't with him, she was old and in pain.  :(  When the one comes along I will know...

• Like 1

• Members

It's good to see your post @+Jeffrey+ I remember Lady G so well. She was such a beautiful cat. I'm glad you're doing well.

It is interesting how we learn over time that our hearts are indeed big enough to never ever let go of the one we lost... but still make room for another. It doesn't feel that way when it's broken.

So great you were able to save Kobe, sweet little guy. 

• Like 2

• Members

@+Jeffrey+what a lovely boy Kobe is, how nice you have him now. I love how you and Kay have said that things do get better. 5 weeks for me and its awful. You loved Lady G, and now you have a lovely boy. I've no idea what's in store for me, but whatever will be will be. Thanks for showing me that it does get easier. 

• Like 2

• Members
11 minutes ago, Gary55 said:

@+Jeffrey+what a lovely boy Kobe is, how nice you have him now. I love how you and Kay have said that things do get better. 5 weeks for me and its awful. You loved Lady G, and now you have a lovely boy. I've no idea what's in store for me, but whatever will be will be. Thanks for showing me that it does get easier. 

Truly sorry for your loss, Gary. And yes, it will get better! No matter how difficult it is for you right now, it will get better. If I am able to get through the incredible pain I've endured, anyone can. It can be a struggle, no doubt. But life goes on, and you must do the same. Your baby would want you to move forward. I know that's easier said than done, but you've got to hang in there. I promise, it will get better!

And thank you for the kind words. Truly appreciated. I was not ready for another cat at the time Kobe came up. I had told everyone I know, not to bring me another cat, that when the time was right, one would eventually come around, as all previous cats I've owned, have done so. Still, I wasn't sure I was ready for another cat. But, during each passing day, Kobe would steal a little piece of my heart. Well, we're best buds now, and I hope we have many, many, many years of enjoyable life together. He's a loving boy, just a little hard headed at times! He gets into everything! OMG! :P  

Hang in there, Gary! 

• Like 2

• Members

Hi Jeffrey and thanks for the encouragement. You're right I'm sure, I know Goldie would want me to be out and about just like we always were. He was an active dog, didn't like being inside any longer than necessary. It's hard seeing how to replace all these hours a day walking. I'm glad you feel easier in your mind now. That to me seems a long way off, however what you say is good to hear. You and Kobe will have your own special bond, he sounds playful he will be good for you. I'm still at the stage of going over and over in my mind did I do enough when he was here, what if and all that. So thanks again for what you have said. 

• Like 3

• Members
On 1/16/2021 at 9:14 AM, AJWCat said:

It's good to see your post @+Jeffrey+ I remember Lady G so well. She was such a beautiful cat. I'm glad you're doing well.

It is interesting how we learn over time that our hearts are indeed big enough to never ever let go of the one we lost... but still make room for another. It doesn't feel that way when it's broken.

So great you were able to save Kobe, sweet little guy. 

Thanks for the kind words @AJWCat I truly appreciate it. And I certainly hope you're doing well also. 

• Like 2

• Members

Happy Valentine's Day, Lady G. Dearly Loved! Dearly missed!

• Like 3

• Members

3 years ago today! I Love you Lady G.! 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@+Jeffrey+  I'm sending you virtual comfort and hugs on this painful day.

No, we never forget them; we always love them. We will miss them until it's our time and they greet us at the Rainbow Bridge.  I hang on to that hope, even though John and I were no longer religious per se.  We ended up embracing a more universal faith than the one in which we'd been raised, but we never, never lost our faith. 

Sometimes I think that our beloved pets know far more about the wonders of the universe than we do and that they are trying to show us by loving us here on earth.  I don't know; I can be pretty fanciful at times, but it does give me comfort to think that their pure souls are sent here to show us true love.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Sorry I didn't catch this yesterday...still, thinking of you.  I know it never goes away.  When Arlie's 2nd anv. rolled around I was in a fire evacuation and going back to my home, didn't get to visit his grave until later.  We never forget them.  

• Like 2

• Members
On 1/15/2022 at 1:51 AM, foreverhis said:

@+Jeffrey+  I'm sending you virtual comfort and hugs on this painful day.

No, we never forget them; we always love them. We will miss them until it's our time and they greet us at the Rainbow Bridge.  I hang on to that hope, even though John and I were no longer religious per se.  We ended up embracing a more universal faith than the one in which we'd been raised, but we never, never lost our faith. 

Sometimes I think that our beloved pets know far more about the wonders of the universe than we do and that they are trying to show us by loving us here on earth.  I don't know; I can be pretty fanciful at times, but it does give me comfort to think that their pure souls are sent here to show us true love.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:38 AM, KayC said:

Sorry I didn't catch this yesterday...still, thinking of you.  I know it never goes away.  When Arlie's 2nd anv. rolled around I was in a fire evacuation and going back to my home, didn't get to visit his grave until later.  We never forget them.  

Thanks, you two. Hope you both are doing well. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

It's been 4 loooooooooooong years ago today! And I still miss you like crazy, Lady G.! Oh, my goodness! Do I miss you!

I love you, girl!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
+Jeffrey+

5 long years ago today! Still loving ya! Still missing ya! That will NEVER change! But you know this already. I just have to post it. 😁

I love you, girl!

• Hugs 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Moderators

I get it, 4 1/2 years for me since I lost Arlie, four years for Kitty.  You were my fellow traveler, thinking of you my friend as you ponder the loss of your Kitty...so beautiful, never forgotten.

• Like 1

• Members
+Jeffrey+
18 minutes ago, KayC said:

I get it, 4 1/2 years for me since I lost Arlie, four years for Kitty.  You were my fellow traveler, thinking of you my friend as you ponder the loss of your Kitty...so beautiful, never forgotten.

Thank you, Kay. Hope you're doing well. 

• Moderators

Just ended 8 days of a blizzard/snow, branches down, freezing rain, well going out...so I'm thinking, I survived that and know better than to ask what's next!
How about you?  I hope you're doing okay.

• Like 1

• Members
+Jeffrey+
17 minutes ago, KayC said:

Just ended 8 days of a blizzard/snow, branches down, freezing rain, well going out...so I'm thinking, I survived that and know better than to ask what's next!
How about you?  I hope you're doing okay.

I'm good. I saw on the news y'all were getting some rough weather your way. It's 40 here as I type this, and that's cold enough for me! 😁 We don't have to worry about blizzards here along the coast of Georgia, but believe it or not, we do get some pretty cold weather at times. Mid and north Georgia get all that other stuff along with it, though. We're supposed to get up to 60 today, so that's not bad. Forecast says it's to get down to 29 Tuesday morning. Yikes!!!! 🤪

• Like 1