Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

In Loving Memory Of Lady G.

+Jeffrey+

• Members

It's been one month today since Socks the Cat transitioned to Heaven. I just try to take one day at a time. I'm glad I work for myself. I can hide the tears easier. 

• Like 2

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• +Jeffrey+

• KayC

• AJWCat

• Geoff

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thinking of you on this beautiful Easter day, Lady G. I love you and miss you very much!

• Like 2

• Members
27 minutes ago, AJWCat said:

Hope you are doing okay. 

Hi AJWCat. I guess I'm doing a little better, or at least not crying as much as I was. My heart still aches terribly for my little girl, and will do so for the rest of my life. I think of her all the time. Not a day has went by that she hasn't been on my mind. I am so thankful that I got to share a part of my life with such a special little girl! 

Thanks for checking in, and I certainly hope you're doing well, too.

• Like 1

• Members
JosefinaK

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lady G.

I wanted to ask you how have you been doing in this 4 months and what things did you do to cope with this pain.

My beloved Khaleesi died one day and a half ago and I feel completely lost, heartbroken and feel like she took a part of me with her. She was everything to me, and even i've face the death of family members and close friends, nothing has ever hit me so hard in life like the death of my Khal.

Hoping you've been doing better and wishing you the best.

DSC_0512.JPG

• Like 2

• Members
+Jeffrey+
4 hours ago, JosefinaK said:

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lady G.

I wanted to ask you how have you been doing in this 4 months and what things did you do to cope with this pain.

My beloved Khaleesi died one day and a half ago and I feel completely lost, heartbroken and feel like she took a part of me with her. She was everything to me, and even i've face the death of family members and close friends, nothing has ever hit me so hard in life like the death of my Khal.

Hoping you've been doing better and wishing you the best.

Hello JosefinaK!

First of all, I am truly sorry for the loss of your beautiful Khaleesi. And I certainly know how you're feeling. Losing a loved one, including a dear pet, is never an easy thing to go through. You're going to have some bad days ahead, no doubt, but it's not going to be difficult forever. You just have to give yourself some time to heal. The good news is that you will get through this. Of course, you will miss your baby for the rest of your life. We will all miss our babies for the rest of our lives. But it's crucial that we move on with our own lives, as best as we can. Our babies would not want us to stay sad forever. I truly believe that. I know Lady G. wouldn't want me to be sad forever.

I am doing a little better, but I had a very difficult time during the first 3 months or so. I was sad all the time, and constantly crying. I still cry at times, but not as much. Of course, I still think of Lady G. all the time. Hardly a moment goes by that I do not think of my precious, little girl. She was such an amazing cat. I miss her very much, and will do so for the rest of my life.

I think talking about her on this forum and on other support forums has helped me during this difficult time. I love talking about her, and will continue to do so every chance I get. I've also been working out back trying to make it pretty around her grave, now that the weather has warmed up here. I planted a couple of Double Knock Out Rose bushes on May 4th, and pray they grow successfully and produce a lot of beautiful flowers for her. I've still got a lot of work to do before I am satisfied with how it looks. But I am certainly going to try and see what I can do for her. She was a very special cat to me, and she deserves to have a pretty grave site.  

Thank you very much for the kind words. 

I wish you the very best, and hope you're able to find comfort soon. Please hang in there. You will get through this!

Jeffrey

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Thanks Jeffrey for all your kind words. I will try to be strong for getting through this.

last night I completely lost it. Got home from work and realizing that she will never be there again to welcome home was devastating. I couldn’t stop crying with pain.. had to call my mom for her to calm me down. 

I miss her so much... but I will try to get through this. 

Thanks

48F977D1-7656-40D3-B86E-88480DED170E.jpeg

• Hugs 1

• Members

Hi @JosefinaK I just read your post here and saw you posted a couple other places too. Your cat Khal was sooooo pretty, and I am so sorry for your loss. I too know what you are going through. I lost my wonderful cat who we'd had for 10 years extremely suddenly from an unknown illness.

You are, sadly, in the early days. They are the toughest. You wonder how you can even survive the pain - hard to believe that emotions can be so crippling. But they are. It's been less than 2 years and I still cannot bare to think about our last night with him. Very much like Jeffrey said, the first couple months are pretty hard, can't lie. You start to have better days. You come to accept the new reality and you enjoy the memories. There is no way around this process other than through. But then a wave will hit you - literally a wave of sadness will hit you and you grieve all over again. Again, just the process - like your brain and your heart has to deal with it and it takes a while. 

All I can say is, good that you found this place. It was all I had - my husband who was equally devastated still couldn't take my constant need to talk about this. Please post if it makes you feel better, it sure did for me. My heart goes out to you.      

• Like 2

• Moderators

I hadn't seen this thread but posted in response to one of your other threads.

I'm sorry, I know how hard it is, having been through it, I still miss my last few cats and although we get used to life without them eventually, we yearn for and miss them years later.  It's hard.  I'm glad I believe in afterlife for I don't feel it all ends here and can't wait to join them again!  Wishing for some peace and comfort for you.

• Like 2

• Members

Hi KayC,

I have good days and bad days. I know that this is normal and part of the grieving process. Mother's Day was a little sad. I never really thought of Socks the Cat as my fur baby, like some people refer to their pets. He was just my buddy and we spent a lot of time together. How are you doing?

• Like 1

• Members

Hi @AJWCat thank you for your words. I really like reading how averyone here has been in my place and that I'm not alone with this grieving process.

I an indeed taking note on all the things you all have been replying, so again, thank you.

Hoping you are having better days today!

• Like 2

• Members

Four months ago today, you were taken from me. And it’s been a hard four months without you, Lady G. I've kept a few things the same around here for you. I still have the window screen up to where it was the last time you came through my window. I still even open the window for you every night I am home. I still keep that chair up next to the 4-wheeler so it’s easier for you to get up and down at my window. I still have that old chair at the back of the boat that made it easier for you to get in and out of. I still have your cat food, too, but plan to give it to the lady that you belonged to first. It’s just hard to give away something that was yours. I know you wouldn't mind, I've just got to bring myself to do it. Plus, we'd be helping her cat that you were friends with.

Lastly, on May 4th, I planted two cherry red Double Knock Out Rose bushes for you (one on each side of your grave). I am praying for them to grow successfully and produce tons of beautiful flowers for us, and hope they'll do so forever. You certainly deserve a beautiful grave site, punkin.

I love you Lady G.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Thinking of you @+Jeffrey+ and how nice that you got rose bushes for sweet Lady G. Fitting for such a beautiful cat. I know where you are right now.

I am quickly approaching 2 years. I still have my C-cat's favorite "banana" stuffed with catnip and his favorite white mouse. My new kitty plays with it a little every now and then, and I hope he does not mind. It's all I kept and I don't see getting rid of it. I also still have his photos on the home screen of all my devices. I don't have those truly low, grieving moments anymore but he is not forgotten.  

• Like 1

• Members
2 hours ago, AJWCat said:

Thinking of you @+Jeffrey+ and how nice that you got rose bushes for sweet Lady G. Fitting for such a beautiful cat. I know where you are right now.

I am quickly approaching 2 years. I still have my C-cat's favorite "banana" stuffed with catnip and his favorite white mouse. My new kitty plays with it a little every now and then, and I hope he does not mind. It's all I kept and I don't see getting rid of it. I also still have his photos on the home screen of all my devices. I don't have those truly low, grieving moments anymore but he is not forgotten.  

Thank you @AJWCat Glad to hear you're doing a little better. I feel I am doing a little better as well. It has been very difficult for me, though. And I still have all of Lady G.'s belongings, and plan to keep everything. I also have Lady G.'s photo as my desktop background. I also use pictures of her as my avatar on other forums I am a member of. My baby is with me all over the Internet! :D Gosh, I miss her so much!

Again, thank you very much.

• Moderators

Jeffrey,

That post was very touching...for the longest time I look at my patio door hoping to see Miss Mocha wanting in.  It never happened.  I don't remember when I stopped looking.  it's all enough to make your heart break.

• Like 1

• Members

qeeb5uj.jpg

Five months ago today, my dear Lady G. lost her life. I buried my little girl in my backyard, in front of a huge live oak tree. I knew that when the weather warmed up, I was going to try and make it look better around her gravesite. For all the love that she had shown me through the years, for all the smiles she put on my face, for all the times she made me laugh, and for all the wonderful memories she has given me, she deserves a beautiful resting place.

Back on May 4th, and after the weather had warmed up, I planted two cherry red Double Knock Out Roses next to her grave. And I am happy to report that the roses look to be growing very well, and have already produced several beautiful roses on each bush, with a few new buds now starting to develop again. I cannot even begin to describe how excited I was when the first tiny green rose buds appeared on those rose bushes. And the excitement level kicked up a notch when I started seeing a small amount of red peeking through them. Several days had passed by, and then one morning I woke up and looked out the window and saw one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen- a tiny, red rose. All from the first rose bush I've ever planted. In a location I was told they would never grow. The next morning I got up and looked out the window at her gravesite, as I do every morning, and I be darn if there wasn't another tiny rose on display. And for the next few days or so, a few more roses appeared (seven total). By the way, that's a picture of one of my roses at top. Y’all have no idea how happy this has made me for Lady G.

On June 4, I bought a 1-gallon Pink Double Knock Out Rose, and planted it between the first two red rose bushes. So far, it seems to be growing well. And I do see some buds starting to develop on it. I'm very excited and can’t wait to see some beautiful pink roses appear. Lady G. had a pink nose, so I knew I had to plant some pink roses, too. Of course, I still want to plant some white flowers at some point, to match her white fur.

Today, June 14, 2019, I planted some grass seed out there. I hope it will come up and grow nicely for her. It was mostly dirt out there, with a few patches of grass and weeds, so hopefully it will start looking a whole lot better out there before long.

I have to admit, I've really enjoyed myself being out there around her, doing all of this for her. I even told her she was going to have to help me grow things, because I needed all the help I could get. I don’t know much about flowers or how to go about growing and taking care of them, but I've been reading a lot of articles and watching videos, trying to learn all I can. No doubt that helped me with the roses. Our work is not done yet, though. I may not succeed in the long run, but I am certainly going to try. I must do so for her.

I miss you dearly, Lady G. Love you, punkins!

If interested, you may go and read the threads about my roses over at the gardening forums in the links below.

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/double-knock-out-roses-drift-roses.40960/#post-377460

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1505791/#post_10428503

https://garden.org/thread/view/107301/Questions-About-Issues-With-My-Roses/

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/homemade-sprays-for-double-knock-out-roses.41102/#post-377328

• Like 1

• Moderators

Very beautiful, and a job well done!  Alas roses do not survive the deer here, they'll eat them thorns and all, all the way to the ground.  (We're more likely to plant a tree.)  But you've really looked into it and done a good job!

• Like 1

• Members

Thank you very much, KayC. I've never seen a deer around here, it's the squirrels that are driving me crazy. They're always digging holes in the yard, even around Lady G.'s grave. I tied up some balloons out there to try and keep them spooked from coming near her gravesite, and so far it seems to be working. By the way, I'll trade you a bunch of squirrels, as many as you want, for just one of your deer. What do you say? :D

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Nope, don't like squirrels, they're cute, but pesky creatures!  They hole up in a tree about 50' up and throw green DF cones at me and Arlie, hitting us in the head!  I think they're laughing at us as they run off and get another one!

• Haha 1

• Members

6 long months ago today, my sweet little girl was taken away. It’s been miserable without her by my side. I miss her like crazy.

I love you dearly, Dooders!

• Like 1

• Members

I hear you Jeffrey. I remember the first 2 weeks - two weeks without holding my sweet guy was heartbreaking. Then the time slips slowly by... and here it is 6 months. I know you miss her so so much. I will be two years next month and although I am much better, I can't think about the day he passed away, the pain is so great, it makes me ill. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm sorry Jeffrey...I have no idea how I'm going to live without my Arlie, it's heavy on my heart.  Each day I worry about him suffering, but since he's keeping food down and still smiles, I feel it's not time to cut his life short yet...but this anticipatory grief is one of the hardest things I've been through, knowing doomsday is fast approaching.  It's been 5 1/2 weeks since his cancer diagnosis.

I just don't know how we are supposed to get used to them being gone!  Hearing you say how miserable it is just affirms my fears...I don't know how to live w/o Arlie.  I wish there was something we could do to heal, I know it'll take time, I'm sure it helps fill some of that void to get another animal, but nothing,nothing will ever replace my Arlie, and always I will miss him when he's gone.  I haven't gone through this anticipatory grief like this with an animal, I did with my MIL, she was my best friend and I took care of her the last three years of her life when she was bedridden with cancer.  You can't euthanize a person like you would an animal and you have to watch their utter pain and suffering, feeling so helpless, trying to make them as comfortable as possible, all the while knowing they're going to be gone from your life.  That was hard.  I imagine this will be similar but I had a husband and children and pets then...now Arlie is my companion and it will leave me alone with Kitty, and her 24 years old.

If anyone finds anything that helps through this process, please share it!  I'm sorry for your pain, Jeffrey, I really am.  Sending you thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace...

• Like 2

• Members

Now 7 long, hard months without my sweet, little girl. Been looking at some of her videos and pictures. She was so much fun, y'all. I know I keep repeating myself, but she was such a precious little soul. Lord is my witness, I think of her every single day. She was the best!

Here's another short video of her. She loved hanging out in those azalea bushes, on that porch, or at the base of that oak tree. She had her special spots she liked to get away to when she wanted to rest. You'll hear me calling her a few of the crazy nicknames I called her. :lol:

LOL She was tired in the picture below, but I kept pestering her by taking pictures. She was so much fun.

714233259_LadyG.(January102017)(3).thumb.jpg.19957f0076087f5e9fbf6c4c90c096ee.jpg

I love you Lady G.! Missing you like crazy, punkin!

• Like 1

• Moderators

She is beautiful, I love her coloring.  If I call Kitty, half the time she ignores me.  She likes to come to the patio door to be let in, and then when I open it, she runs off!  Your little girl comes running for ya, like my Miss Mocha did.

• Like 1

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

She is beautiful, I love her coloring.  If I call Kitty, half the time she ignores me.  She likes to come to the patio door to be let in, and then when I open it, she runs off!  Your little girl comes running for ya, like my Miss Mocha did.

That's funny about Kitty. Go through all that trouble to let her inside and and she runs off. :lol: Could the door possibly be making a noise at times that scares her? Or do you think she was just seeing if she could get her way? :tongue: Yeah, Lady G. would always come running to me when I went outside, or when I would pull up in the driveway. Rarely did I ever have to call her. If she heard me, or saw me, she couldn't wait to get to me. And I miss that so much. She would hold that tail straight up and shake it with excitement. She knew I loved her dearly, and she made me feel just as loved. If I sat on the porch, she'd get in my lap and lay, or lay beside me. We were best friends. 

Thanks for the kind words, and for the laugh. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, +Jeffrey+ said:

Or do you think she was just seeing if she could get her way?

She TOTALLY wants her way!  And she likes the power of choice.  She's the opposite of Miss Mocha, my cat I lost three years ago.  But I understand Kitty, as nuts as she can drive me, I know where she came from and much of what she's been through, so I have to forgive her her foibles.  

• Like 1

• Members

8 long months without her. She's dearly missed! Dearly loved!

• Members

9 long months without Lady G. Here's another video of her being all silly. She was so much fun. Man, I miss her so much!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I get it, I really do, even though it's only been 8 1/2 weeks for me.

It's funny how she can be carrying around all that stuff and seem not to notice!  Sigh...I know you're missing her, just as I am missing my Arlie.  I would give all that I have to see his sweet face again.  My sweet boy.

• Hugs 1

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

I get it, I really do, even though it's only been 8 1/2 weeks for me.

It's funny how she can be carrying around all that stuff and seem not to notice!  Sigh...I know you're missing her, just as I am missing my Arlie.  I would give all that I have to see his sweet face again.  My sweet boy.

Lady G. loved moss! She laid on it all the time, and would occasionally play with it. Where ever there would be a large clump of moss, you can bet she'd be laying on it, or beside it. I would often gather some up for her, and make her some comfy beds at the base of the large live oak trees around my house, or the neighbor's yard. She really enjoyed herself outdoors. I still look over at, or visit, her favorite resting places each day. I think of her all the time, Kay. And I am not exaggerating. And of course, I know you do the same about Arlie. We will certainly never forget them. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

She's beautiful, looks very feminine like my Miss Mocha, and I'm missing her too, hard to believe it's been over three years.  I smile at your Lady G. loving moss!

• Hugs 1

• Members
9 hours ago, KayC said:

She's beautiful, looks very feminine like my Miss Mocha, and I'm missing her too, hard to believe it's been over three years.  I smile at your Lady G. loving moss!

Thank you, Kay. She was so dang adorable. When I put that moss on her back, she pranced around like she was walking on a catwalk! :lol::P I would often tell her "You go, girlfriend!" :laugh: So, so much fun having her around.:(

• Like 1

• Members

BOO! Happy Halloween, Lady G. :lol:

Lady G. (2.14.2015) (4).JPG

• Like 1

• Members

It's been a long 10 months without my Lady G. Gone, but certainly not forgotten! 

We've had some nice, cool weather here lately. When the temps dropped, you'd see her running all around the yard and climbing trees. Bucking and acting all silly. She was as fast as lightning. That girl loved to play. And it was a lot of fun playing with her. 

I love you punkin!

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's hard for me to understand how we can survive without them, the hardest thing in the world is learning to live without them. I keep telling Arlie this is HIS home and if he wants to come back, he's welcome to, any time!  I know that sounds weird, not like he can, but it's important to me for him to know I haven't "moved on", that he is always welcome here.  I still have his bed, his recliner, his loveseat, his food, his toys.  I guess this won't end until I am gone.  :(

Still having a hard time eating "the last bite," it was always Arlie's.

• Hugs 1

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

It's hard for me to understand how we can survive without them, the hardest thing in the world is learning to live without them. I keep telling Arlie this is HIS home and if he wants to come back, he's welcome to, any time!  I know that sounds weird, not like he can, but it's important to me for him to know I haven't "moved on", that he is always welcome here.  I still have his bed, his recliner, his loveseat, his food, his toys.  I guess this won't end until I am gone.  :(

Still having a hard time eating "the last bite," it was always Arlie's.

I totally understand, Kay. And no, nothing you say or do sounds weird at all to me. I'm pretty much the same way. This is our way of dealing with such a difficult loss. It's what we feel we need to do to get through this. And I too still have Lady G.'s food and belongings. I plan to give her food away soon. It's just so hard to get rid of it. I do need to do so before it expires, though. 

We're heartbroken, Kay. We just have to continue on the best way we can.

Hang in there.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah I've thought about that too (food expiring) but I just can't move it from the kitchen.  I still have the brown rice sitting on the table (I cooked him batches of food as well as his dry).  

:(

• Hugs 1

• Members

Thinking of you on this beautiful Thanksgiving day, Lady G.! Of course, there's not a single day that goes by that I don't think of you!

Love you girl!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Jeffrey,

I posted something similar to Arlie too yesterday, of course our thoughts are of them and wishing they were here.  So hard...

• Hugs 1

• Members
12 hours ago, KayC said:

Jeffrey,

I posted something similar to Arlie too yesterday, of course our thoughts are of them and wishing they were here.  So hard...

It is very hard. I've been shedding more tears lately thinking of her. I'm fine and all, just still hard to believe she's gone. Just seeing other cats makes me tear up. It's crazy, but dang, I miss her so much. I saw 2 beautiful cats just up the road at a convenience store the other day. They were play fighting and having such a good time. I walked over and spoke to them, and reached down and briefly pet both of them on the head. It warmed my heart, and of course, brought a few tears to my eyes. :(

I know it's still a difficult time for you as well, but I still want to wish you Happy holidays. Kay. I'm sure your precious Arlie and my Lady G. are looking down on us and shaking their little heads, and telling one another that we cry too much! LOL:lol:

Hang in there!!

• Like 1

• Members

11 long months have passed without Lady G. by my side, and I still miss her like crazy. 

A small rose bloomed 2 or 3 days ago on one of her 3 rose bushes. Seeing those roses bloom always puts a smile on my face. 

I love you dearly Lady G.!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Monday will be four months for Arlie.  It's hard to believe 11 months have passed for you...I'm glad the roses are there.  Here we're supposed to get snow today and in the days to follow, roses seldom make it because of the deer, they love them.  Enjoy your roses!

• Like 1

• Members
4 hours ago, KayC said:

Monday will be four months for Arlie.  It's hard to believe 11 months have passed for you...I'm glad the roses are there.  Here we're supposed to get snow today and in the days to follow, roses seldom make it because of the deer, they love them.  Enjoy your roses!

Thank you very much Kay. Oh I bet it's beautiful there when it snows. We do often get snow here in Georgia, but very rarely here along the coast where I live. Nothing like the amount of snow you get, though. Not even close! And thankfully, I do not have any deer around where I live to eat Lady G.'s roses! I know just how much damage deer can do to some flowers. :lol:

Hope you and that sweet, little dog are getting along well! He is precious!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I took him to my church' Block Party yesterday, must have had 100 people/kids hold him, he did really well with it all but conked out on the way home.  Oh and I took him out on the lawn afterwards and he peed and peed and peed, he must have held it when we were inside, I was so proud of him!  He's doing well with the peeing...not the pooping yet, still finding obscure places inside to do it in.  But he'll get there, eventually.  I have him walking on a leash now, he gets annoyed with the leash but he'll get more used to it.

I love the deer so don't mind the trade-off, but I had them eat the rosebush we planted when we lost Fluffy (dog) years ago, that was hard...thorns and all.

• Like 1

• Members

A very Merry Christmas to the most awesome, and most dearly missed little girl in the world!

I Love you Lady G.!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Jeffrey,

Thinking of your today as I know you're missing your beautiful girl even as I am missing my Arlie.  Oh why couldn't things just continue as they were!  It seems loss and change are constants in our lives.  Wishing you some peace this day.

• Hugs 1

• Members
10 hours ago, KayC said:

Jeffrey,

Thinking of your today as I know you're missing your beautiful girl even as I am missing my Arlie.  Oh why couldn't things just continue as they were!  It seems loss and change are constants in our lives.  Wishing you some peace this day.

Thank you, Kay. I know it's not the same without your sweet boy, but I sure hope you're able to enjoy this Christmas day. At least a little.

Merry Christmas, Kay.

• Like 1