Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

In Loving Memory Of Lady G.

+Jeffrey+

• Members

spacer.png

I'm devastated. I lost my sweet cat in the early morning hours of January 14, 2019. I was away when she was killed outside. I've had her for about 12 years, and man, this is killing me. She brought so much joy to my life. She was such an awesome cat. I couldn't do anything outside without her by my side. If she was off somewhere and heard me outside, she'd come running to me. We were best friends. She stayed inside and out. But she loved it outside, and I allowed her to be free, as a cat should be. She knew she was loved dearly. And I know she loved me too. I took good care of her. She was happy and full of life till the very end. She still loved to play and climb trees. Her and I had a lot of fun together.  She always made me smile. She even made me cry when she was alive by simply looking at her, as I felt incredibly blessed to have her in my life. She was so beautiful and awesome! My life will never be the same without her. She was that special to me.

I miss that cute little dance she'd do at feeding time. She would always shake her tail when she was about to get fed, or simply when she was excited. I've never seen anything like it.

I miss those days and nights she slept by my side, hogging up the bed with her feet all over me.

I miss those crazy sharp claws digging into my legs, while she laid in my lap.

I miss her getting up on this desk and laying all over my keyboard and mouse cord, getting all in the way. She demanded attention, and I was happy to give it to her.

I miss talking to her. I talked to her all the time. She would even meow back in response. We may not have understood what each other was saying, but we always had each other to talk to.

I miss calling her all those nicknames I called her

I miss playing with her.

I simply miss everything about her. She was truly a special cat.

I thank the man above for blessing me with her in my life these past 12 years or so. She always put a smile on my face. When I was down, she was there to cheer me up. When I was sick, she knew it, and stayed by my side. I will never forget that. I love animals, and this cat meant the world to me. I will never forget her. I am truly heartbroken, and miss her dearly! God, I miss her so much!

Please, you all give your pet a hug and kiss for me. They truly are our best friends.

Thank you for such a wonderful website. It has been very helpful to myself and others.

Link to a few more photos of her. https://imgur.com/a/LwnhQB1
You may also view my photo album of her on this website.

RIP Lady G. 
2007 to January 14, 2019
I love you with all my heart! I will never forget you!

large.54798119_LadyG.(March152018)(2).jpeg.429589b95bd4eefe1d34db8f569e1f5b.jpeg

large.630761367_LadyG.(March262017)(2).jpg.38fde633b512cffcf83246934ef48731.jpg

large.157439651_LadyG.(July152015)(7).jpg.3f08dad0f16a2389426ae0bbaa40f7e9.jpg

large.2020774598_LadyG.(April292018)(2).JPG.a7421536badb1c6fabd2dc1bca8c6096.JPG

• Angel Wings 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• +Jeffrey+

• KayC

• AJWCat

• Geoff

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jeffrey, I am so so sorry about your adorable Lady G. She reminds me a little of the cat I have now, except mine has a black nose. Oh, but her pink nose - just like the wonderful cat we lost almost a year and a half ago now. Which is how I found this forum.

It is life changing when you have a cat that offers so many small joys throughout the day - such a bond - and then suddenly they are gone. Life is just not the same. You learn to live in a different world and for some time, that world just looks pretty dark.

I noticed you commented to someone that time heals, and it does. It is really the only thing. You just go day by day. I had such deep grief and so much anger for our loss - finally, finally it got replaced by some peace and acceptance but it took some time.

We did adopt a little girl kitty and I've had her for a year. She is so so great too - but I will never forget our "C" cat we lost. He will never be replaced and I still think about him a lot.  

Again, I am so sorry to read about Lady G, she is a gorgeous kitty with a super fun personality. I know how much you miss her and my heart goes out to you.  

• Like 1

• Members

She was very beautiful I lost my cat on the 13th Jan its 3 weeks today the first 2 weeks I couldn't stop crying and found it really hard to just to do normal things this last week im coming to terms with it while im still very upset ,I registered with the RSPCA a few days ago with a view to adopt another cat in the future and they found a ginger little boy who is a year old that needs a home I keep thinking this is to soon I really didn't expect things to move so fast ive been doing some soul searching but still not sure what to do.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Jeffrey,

Your Lady G is beautiful!  I love her white paws and how trusting she is, she was very comfortable with you, you can tell.

I know it's the hardest thing in the world to lose our cat or dog, they are our closest family members, so loving and interactive.  I love how you describe all of the special things about her that you will miss.  These are the things that make them unique, that make us love them as we do.

I pray for some comfort for you in the days ahead and pray the pain subsides bit by bit for you.

For Lady G...

• Like 1

• Members
On 2/3/2019 at 7:21 AM, AJWCat said:

Jeffrey, I am so so sorry about your adorable Lady G. She reminds me a little of the cat I have now, except mine has a black nose. Oh, but her pink nose - just like the wonderful cat we lost almost a year and a half ago now. Which is how I found this forum.

It is life changing when you have a cat that offers so many small joys throughout the day - such a bond - and then suddenly they are gone. Life is just not the same. You learn to live in a different world and for some time, that world just looks pretty dark.

I noticed you commented to someone that time heals, and it does. It is really the only thing. You just go day by day. I had such deep grief and so much anger for our loss - finally, finally it got replaced by some peace and acceptance but it took some time.

We did adopt a little girl kitty and I've had her for a year. She is so so great too - but I will never forget our "C" cat we lost. He will never be replaced and I still think about him a lot.  

Again, I am so sorry to read about Lady G, she is a gorgeous kitty with a super fun personality. I know how much you miss her and my heart goes out to you.  

Thank you very much for the kind words. I truly appreciate that. Sorry for your loss as well. And I wish you and your family many joyful years with the new cat. Cats are simply awesome!

On 2/3/2019 at 9:58 AM, Geoff said:

She was very beautiful I lost my cat on the 13th Jan its 3 weeks today the first 2 weeks I couldn't stop crying and found it really hard to just to do normal things this last week im coming to terms with it while im still very upset ,I registered with the RSPCA a few days ago with a view to adopt another cat in the future and they found a ginger little boy who is a year old that needs a home I keep thinking this is to soon I really didn't expect things to move so fast ive been doing some soul searching but still not sure what to do.

Thank you very much for the kind words. I truly appreciate that. I am sorry for your loss as well. It's absolutely awful having to go through this pain, some just do not understand how difficult it can be. And I know exactly what you mean about all the crying, I've done so every single day,  and was doing so again not long ago. I was in Walmart earlier and walked by the cat food aisle where I got her food, and I got upset. It really hurts. I see so many reminders of her around my house and yard. I still see her paw prints all over the hood of our truck, and the wooden fence posts are clawed all up and down from the many years of her climbing them. She loved to climb those posts, and all the trees around my yard. And she could run so fast. She would run right up a tree or post with such ease. She liked to show off a lot when we would be outside, even till the very end, she was so full of life. When it was cold outside, she would run all around the yard, climbing things, digging holes and acting all silly. Cold weather made her very frisky. She was so much fun. God, I miss her dearly.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, KayC said:

Jeffrey,

Your Lady G is beautiful!  I love her white paws and how trusting she is, she was very comfortable with you, you can tell.

I know it's the hardest thing in the world to lose our cat or dog, they are our closest family members, so loving and interactive.  I love how you describe all of the special things about her that you will miss.  These are the things that make them unique, that make us love them as we do.

I pray for some comfort for you in the days ahead and pray the pain subsides bit by bit for you.

For Lady G...

Thank you very much for the kind words. I truly appreciate it. When I first started taking pictures of her with a camera phone, which most all were taken with, it made a noise when I took the picture. She wasn't too crazy about that noise, but I went into the settings and turned it off. Still, it took her a few times to get used to me sticking that phone in her face. It was funny. She made me laugh all the time. Most every photo and video I have of her, were taken with a cell phone and an iPad Pro. Most all recent photos and videos were taken with the iPad Pro, which was given to me about a year or so ago.

And thank you for sharing that sweet video. 

Again, thank all of you very much for the kind words. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

She is such a sweet looking kitty.  I know this is so hard, I wish there were something tangible we could do to help.  :(

• Like 1

• Members
On 2/4/2019 at 12:31 PM, KayC said:

She is such a sweet looking kitty.  I know this is so hard, I wish there were something tangible we could do to help.  :(

Thank you very much, KayC. And thank you for all the comforting words, and words of encouragement, you have offered to all of us here.  I see that you're always trying to help someone through a difficult time. You're an angel! Words may be simple and free, but can truly mean a lot to those who are hurting.

Thank you.

• Like 2

• Members

I still can't believe my Lady G. is gone. And it still hasn't gotten any easier. It's terrible going through this. Still crying every single day. I think of her all the time. It's really hard not to think of her. She was such a loving little friend. She made me feel so special, and dearly loved. I certainly tried to make her feel the same. She knew how much I cared for her. That  little girl meant the world to me. 

Here are a couple videos of her. I always talked to her with a silly voice.

Thank you for being a part of my life, Lady G. Thank you for all the love and happiness you brought into my life. Thank you for being such an awesome, loving friend. Thank you for all the wonderful memories you have given me. The happiness we shared together, and all the love you showed me, will never be forgotten. You will always be in my heart, punkin. You will always be loved! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!

Rest in peace, my awesome, precious, Lady G.

sku1440089.png

• Like 1

• Members

I lost my precious, Lady G., a month ago today, on January 14. I'm still hurting over her death. It's hard to even put into words how upsetting this has been for me, or how much she meant to me. I've only been this upset once in my life, and that was when my dear mother died. This has been an incredibly difficult thing for me to go through. Only those who have been through it, can fully understand. I know it's never easy to lose a loved one. Some just hurt us more than others. Lady G. was such a sweet, little friend / family member. I miss everything about her! Gosh, I miss her like crazy!

Happy Valentines day, Lady G. I love and miss you dearly, girl!

Valentines Heart.jpg

sku1440089.png

• Like 1

• Members
14 hours ago, +Jeffrey+ said:

I lost my precious, Lady G., a month ago today, on January 14. I'm still hurting over her death. It's hard to even put into words how upsetting this has been for me, or how much she meant to me. I've only been this upset once in my life, and that was when my dear mother died. This has been an incredibly difficult thing for me to go through. Only those who have been through it, can fully understand. I know it's never easy to lose a loved one. Some just hurt us more than others. Lady G. was such a sweet, little friend / family member. I miss everything about her! Gosh, I miss her like crazy!

Happy Valentines day, Lady G. I love and miss you dearly, girl!

Valentines Heart.jpg

sku1440089.png

I am sorry that you have to go through this.I hope someone hugs you when you feel like your heart can take it anymore.

• Like 2

• Members

I lost my little cat George 5 weeks now and still upset I got a rescue cat from the RSPCA 2 days ago the place felt so empty without my little boy but I feel I have done the right thing there are so many poor abandoned cats out there that need a loving home I know it will take time with my new little boy but I am sure I have done the right thing,i am sorry for any ones loss of a loyal friend its such a painful experience .

• Like 2

• Members

Love the videos of Lady G., she was such a beautiful cat. I saw you passed the month mark losing her. I still miss my sweet boy we lost now a year and a half ago. When I read your posts, I am taken right back - in such agony, such despair missing him so much.

When we love - we get to love every day, day in and day out - it's not all at once. It's a deep love but it's measured.

When we lose them, we suffer that loss all at once. Like a freight train. No option to take pain in doses. It's hard on heart. My thoughts are with you.    

• Like 2

• Moderators

Geoff,

I'm glad you're enjoying your new little boy, I know it doesn't replace the one you lost but it does bring love to your soul and the one you adopted.  I pray the pain over your loss will continue to lessen.

• Like 1

• Members

KayC

Thanks I do feel I have done the right think getting another little boy who needs a home and I am sure in time I will love him as much as my little George ,the pain is still there it is better than it was you can never replace a loyal friend but you can make a new one.

• Like 2

• Members

Yes @Geoff - we adopted a few months later after losing our beloved C cat (I'd have done it sooner but we were not in our own place) and it was hard. It made me miss him even more. But I opened my heart (slowly) to the new girl, and it's been wonderful. I do love having a cat, makes life happier for me. Glad you did it.  

• Like 1

• Members
On 2/15/2019 at 1:54 PM, Zso said:

I am sorry that you have to go through this.I hope someone hugs you when you feel like your heart can take it anymore.

Thank you, Zso. I truly appreciate your support. Certainly hope you're doing well also.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:34 AM, Geoff said:

I lost my little cat George 5 weeks now and still upset I got a rescue cat from the RSPCA 2 days ago the place felt so empty without my little boy but I feel I have done the right thing there are so many poor abandoned cats out there that need a loving home I know it will take time with my new little boy but I am sure I have done the right thing,i am sorry for any ones loss of a loyal friend its such a painful experience .

Again, thank you for the kind words, Geoff. Wishing you all the best with the new cat, and comfort in the days ahead. By the way, what did you name him?

On 2/17/2019 at 8:05 AM, AJWCat said:

Love the videos of Lady G., she was such a beautiful cat. I saw you passed the month mark losing her. I still miss my sweet boy we lost now a year and a half ago. When I read your posts, I am taken right back - in such agony, such despair missing him so much.

When we love - we get to love every day, day in and day out - it's not all at once. It's a deep love but it's measured.

When we lose them, we suffer that loss all at once. Like a freight train. No option to take pain in doses. It's hard on heart. My thoughts are with you.    

Thank you very much,  AJWCat. It's been just over a month since her death, but I am still very upset. I think about the what-ifs, all the time. What if I had been home, could I have saved her? What if I had left my bedroom window slightly open, for her to safely come in and out at night, she might still be alive. My older brother was home, feeding her while I was away. His health isn't the greatest, so he didn't check on her outside at night. He said he let her inside while I was away, but she wanted to go back out not long after.

Again, thank all of you wonderful people very much! I truly appreciate everyone's support. Big virtual hugs for all of you.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, +Jeffrey+ said:

I think about the what-ifs, all the time. What if I had been home, could I have saved her? What if I had left my bedroom window slightly open, for her to safely come in and out at night, she might still be alive. My older brother was home, feeding her while I was away. His health isn't the greatest, so he didn't check on her outside at night. He said he let her inside while I was away, but she wanted to go back out not long after.

Guilt/what ifs are common in grief, almost unilaterally across the board, it's as if we're looking for a different outcome.  Sometimes we attribute more to our ability than is possible, thinking we maybe could have saved them, when the reality is often it is something beyond anyone's control.  It seems to haunt us until we have processed our grief and begun adjusting, and that can take a while, different for each of us.  You're not alone in how you're feeling.  I beat myself up pretty bad when I lost my cat George (dubbed King George after I married my husband George, to differentiate).  He'd lost a lot of weight, used to look like a bowling ball on paws, but then was 15% underweight.  I thought it was just old age as he was 19.  He had a secretion from his sinuses and I took him to the vet out of town as our town's vet is in only once a week.  They wouldn't let me be present when they examined him, which I thought was odd, but I think basically that they barely gave him a glance over...they prescribed antibiotics, when it ran out they prescribed a refill.  They also had me secrete the gangrenous looking secretion from his tear ducts, it had to hurt tremendously and I was to soak it in warm water as I did so, cats don't like water but he was so good, even purred while I did it, even though it hurt.  When that Rx ran it's course, I took him to my own vet and it was there I learned he had cancer and all the antibiotics in the world wouldn't change it.  He was suffering tremendously and I wouldn't have put him through that last month had I known.  I had him put to sleep immediately, which was the kindest thing for him.  I called that out of town vet and told them and they weren't even sorry, I'll never take another animal there.

For a long time I beat myself up, wishing I'd taken him to my vet sooner, but I didn't know.  Wishing anything, wishing he was still alive and well.  But all the wishing and reiterating in my mind didn't change anything, my George was still gone.  It was a year after losing my husband George.  I hope these articles will be of help to you as they have to me.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/0dd4a5_e934e7f92d104d31bcb334d6c6d63974.pdf
http://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml

• Members
On 2/20/2019 at 8:44 AM, KayC said:

Guilt/what ifs are common in grief, almost unilaterally across the board, it's as if we're looking for a different outcome.  Sometimes we attribute more to our ability than is possible, thinking we maybe could have saved them, when the reality is often it is something beyond anyone's control.  It seems to haunt us until we have processed our grief and begun adjusting, and that can take a while, different for each of us.  You're not alone in how you're feeling.  I beat myself up pretty bad when I lost my cat George (dubbed King George after I married my husband George, to differentiate).  He'd lost a lot of weight, used to look like a bowling ball on paws, but then was 15% underweight.  I thought it was just old age as he was 19.  He had a secretion from his sinuses and I took him to the vet out of town as our town's vet is in only once a week.  They wouldn't let me be present when they examined him, which I thought was odd, but I think basically that they barely gave him a glance over...they prescribed antibiotics, when it ran out they prescribed a refill.  They also had me secrete the gangrenous looking secretion from his tear ducts, it had to hurt tremendously and I was to soak it in warm water as I did so, cats don't like water but he was so good, even purred while I did it, even though it hurt.  When that Rx ran it's course, I took him to my own vet and it was there I learned he had cancer and all the antibiotics in the world wouldn't change it.  He was suffering tremendously and I wouldn't have put him through that last month had I known.  I had him put to sleep immediately, which was the kindest thing for him.  I called that out of town vet and told them and they weren't even sorry, I'll never take another animal there.

For a long time I beat myself up, wishing I'd taken him to my vet sooner, but I didn't know.  Wishing anything, wishing he was still alive and well.  But all the wishing and reiterating in my mind didn't change anything, my George was still gone.  It was a year after losing my husband George.  I hope these articles will be of help to you as they have to me.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/0dd4a5_e934e7f92d104d31bcb334d6c6d63974.pdf
http://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml

KayC, I love the name "King George", and how he got that name. And you were truly blessed to have had him in your life for 19 years. That's amazing! I have no doubt that you were an awesome mother to him. And I am truly sorry for your loss.  

I visit a few other support forums as well, and there is one alarming thing that stands out to me across all of these sites, including here. And that is the number of people who have lost a pet to an incompetent, and / or uncaring vet. It's actually very disturbing. Now I know there are many passionate, knowledgeable vets out there, who truly care, and will do their very best to help our beloved pets, but it seems there are many who are just the opposite. And I too find it odd that you weren't allowed to be with King George while he was being examined. I can maybe understand not allowing you to be there with him for an actual medical procedure, but for a simple examination, makes no sense to me. Then again, I am not familiar with how all that works.

I've read both of those articles that you linked to. And I appreciate you taking the time to post them. They are very helpful.

Thanks for all your support, KayC. You're a wonderful person!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes, there are good vets and bad vets.  I do not like the vets my Arlie has had all his life and finally found a new one who "gets him".  They are no longer taking new patients so I was lucky to get in while I did.  

The emergency vet I took King George to is over priced and snobby and I also don't understand why they'd take him off to a room w/o his mom, they don't usually do that.  I get it when they do surgery and need a clean room, also some owners put their own anxiety onto their pet, but for a simple exam, that's weird.  I think they just put him in a room and left him there alone for a while, gave a cursory glance over, charged me an astronomical amount and sent us on our way.  His own vet examined him thoroughly with me present and he's the one that spotted the cancer and showed it to me. He said, "Imagine the worst head cold you've ever had, multiply it by 1,000, and that's how this cat is feeling right now."  It was an instant decision to have him put to sleep right then and there, I didn't want him to suffer one moment longer.  I loved that cat, he was my greeter and a great family cat for many years.  We got him when he was six, from a lady who went into assisted living and couldn't keep him, and he was a cat I will never forget.

I think some vets are in it for the money, some are in it because they truly care about animals.  What I don't get is why so many of them don't seem to understand basic animal behavior!

• Members

My heart still aches for my precious, little girl. Just wanted to share 2 more cute videos of her (Parts 1 and 2). They were taken back in 2014. She loved to climb trees, up on the truck, and anything else around the house. I was lucky enough to get a video of her climbing this ladder. Her and I had so much fun together. I don't know who had the most fun, her or me. All I know is; when that little girl was happy, I was happy.

And this is for you, Lady G.

I love you, punkin! For as long as I walk this earth, I will carry you in my heart. You will NEVER be forgotten! I love you! I love you! I love you! Oh my goodness, I love you so much!

• Members

:( she was adorable, I'm so sorry that you have to be without her now. This made me cry just like when I watch videos of my Munchy, I feel your pain 

• Like 1

• Members
18 hours ago, Zso said:

:( she was adorable, I'm so sorry that you have to be without her now. This made me cry just like when I watch videos of my Munchy, I feel your pain 

Thank you very much, Zso. And I'm sorry I made you cry, but just so you know, I am crying too! I've cried so much over my little girl, it's a miracle I haven't flooded my house! :P

Here is another short video of her. And as usual, I am talking to her with a goofy voice. I used my iPad Pro to take this video, and at the time, she hadn't got used to me getting all up in her face with it, like I could with the phone. Plus, I have a bulky white protective case on it, so she was probably wondering what in the world I had in my hands.  She was such a joy to spend time with. I loved every minute of our time together! 

• Members
4 hours ago, AJWCat said:

SO many wonderful videos of her thanks for sharing with us. 

Thank you very much, and thanks for watching.

• Members

Jeffrey I really feel for you, I'm so very sorry that you had to lose your wonderful cat Lady G in such a way.  I hope it was very quick with minimal suffering for her, but of course such a terrible shock for you especially as you clearly had such a wonderful bond.

It is clear to see in  her photos that she felt so happy, assured  and content with you.  Therefor I'm sure she showed you  all her funny and endearing little ways because she felt so appreciated, valued an loved, and therefore knew that she could be really confident to totally be herself, and express all  her cat behaviour.  As well as that it is so clear to see that she was an exceptionally beautiful and  endearing girl.  I can great intelligence in her eyes too.

I'm glad you  did have 12 wonderful years with her, which were clearly wonderfully happy years for her and for you.

We are thinking of  you.

• Like 1

• Members

PS I'm sorry for the few spelling mistakes in my reply.

J

• Members
3 hours ago, Jtc said:

Jeffrey I really feel for you, I'm so very sorry that you had to lose your wonderful cat Lady G in such a way.  I hope it was very quick with minimal suffering for her, but of course such a terrible shock for you especially as you clearly had such a wonderful bond.

It is clear to see in  her photos that she felt so happy, assured  and content with you.  Therefor I'm sure she showed you  all her funny and endearing little ways because she felt so appreciated, valued an loved, and therefore knew that she could be really confident to totally be herself, and express all  her cat behaviour.  As well as that it is so clear to see that she was an exceptionally beautiful and  endearing girl.  I can great intelligence in her eyes too.

I'm glad you  did have 12 wonderful years with her, which were clearly wonderfully happy years for her and for you.

We are thinking of  you.

Jtc, thank you very much for the kind words. I truly appreciate your support. And I hope you are doing well.

Lady G. is constantly on my mind. I miss her so much.

• Members

Jeffrey

I am concerned to hear how unhappy you are feeling.  It is of course entirely understandable, but I wondered  if it  would be worth talking to a bereavement support line or counsellor to help you to release some of the pain.

J

• Members
4 hours ago, Jtc said:

Jeffrey

I am concerned to hear how unhappy you are feeling.  It is of course entirely understandable, but I wondered  if it  would be worth talking to a bereavement support line or counsellor to help you to release some of the pain.

J

I appreciate your concern, Jtc. I will be okay, though. Reading through this forum is a lot of help. Like everyone else, I have those moments when sadness takes over for a bit.

Again, thank you!

• Moderators

She is truly adorable, I'm glad you have the videos, I am horrid at taking pictures and worse at videos, you'll treasure them.

• Like 1

• Members
41 minutes ago, KayC said:

She is truly adorable, I'm glad you have the videos, I am horrid at taking pictures and worse at videos, you'll treasure them.

Thank you very much, KayC. She always put a smile on my face. 

• Like 1

• Members

Two months ago today, my dear Lady G. was taken from me. These past two months have been filled with incredible sadness without my little girl. I am going about my daily life, functioning, but the pain is still very much there. I have smiled a few times the last couple of days or so, thinking of her, So that's good, I guess. We had such a wonderful life together. A life full of love, and precious memories, which I promise you, I will never forget. Lady G. was an angel.

Here's another pic of that precious, little girl.

I love you, Punkin! Missing you like crazy!

Lady G. (January 29, 2018) (R).jpeg

• Moderators

I love how sweet she looks, so feminine, like my Miss Mocha was.

It's good when thoughts of her bring a smile rather than tears, I much prefer that!  They gave us plenty of reason to smile.

• Like 1

• Members
11 hours ago, KayC said:

I love how sweet she looks, so feminine, like my Miss Mocha was.

It's good when thoughts of her bring a smile rather than tears, I much prefer that!  They gave us plenty of reason to smile.

Aww, thank you very much, KayC.

• Like 1

• Members

That adorable face. I was very much where you are now once I reached 2 months.

And yet even today, I was overcome with sadness today for our C cat - angel date Aug 12 2017.

It was a Saturday like today is. I remember wondering if I could ever find "joy" in a Saturday night again. Because that night, we were almost done BBQ-ing dinner and ready to have a nice, relaxing night when he got suddenly horribly sick. We raced from the mountain house we were at, 30 minutes away to an emergency vet. 2 hours later, we were going home without him. It was unreal. I could not eat or sleep. The world went dark.   

So, yeah, it just takes a lot of time. Day by day. Your sweet Lady G will never leave you either, but the pain will be less frequent and the good memories will stay.  

• Like 2

• Members
2 hours ago, AJWCat said:

That adorable face. I was very much where you are now once I reached 2 months.

And yet even today, I was overcome with sadness today for our C cat - angel date Aug 12 2017.

It was a Saturday like today is. I remember wondering if I could ever find "joy" in a Saturday night again. Because that night, we were almost done BBQ-ing dinner and ready to have a nice, relaxing night when he got suddenly horribly sick. We raced from the mountain house we were at, 30 minutes away to an emergency vet. 2 hours later, we were going home without him. It was unreal. I could not eat or sleep. The world went dark.   

So, yeah, it just takes a lot of time. Day by day. Your sweet Lady G will never leave you either, but the pain will be less frequent and the good memories will stay.  

Thank you, AJWcat

I was over at a friends the other night, and his neighbor was outside with her cat that looks very similar to Lady G. Even the same size. I was talking to her and telling her about Lady G. when her cat ran away and climbed up a small tree. OMG, it was all I could do to keep from crying. Even had to turn away for a second to regain my composure. When her cat did that, it reminded me so much of my little girl and the last time I saw her climb a tree. Two or three nights before Lady G.'s death, I was sitting in the truck with my brother allowing it to warm up, when Lady G. came running out in front of it and climbed up that small tree by the driveway. I was taken back to that moment the other night. Maybe that was my baby giving me a sign. I like to think so.

Here are a couple of older pics of her climbing a large sweetgum tree behind my house. She scared me when she climbed that high up in it. Even in her older age, she was still climbing them. She loved climbing trees. She was such a show off! :laugh:

large.512564146_LadyG.InTree(April252008)(1).JPG.751f8a561e4317880d46979700035bc1.JPG

large.843899522_LadyG.InTree(April252008)(2).JPG.e86fd446416a43ab80900b25c2c3ec8a.JPG

• Members

Ah love her pics. My cats have all been indoors but we live in the city and it's definitely no place a cat can hang out. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

She is really sweet!  Very adorable face. 

My cat liked being in high places too.  I met her when she was ten and she came to live with me at twelve.  She went missing and we couldn't find her.  My son finally heard her barely croaking a meow after five days being gone...she was in a tree.  He drove his truck under it and stood on the cab and barely reached her, her scratching and clawing him all the way down.  A couple days later she did the same thing only this time higher up.  We live in the country and trust me, fire departments don't come get cats out of trees.  Tree climbers can't get to the cats as the cats go further up the tree when scared.  My son couldn't reach her this time, so he shot the branch off and she came floating down on it, like you'd see in a cartoon, in slow motion, back and forth until she reached the ground (she wasn't hurt)...she never climbed a tree again.  But she is very agile.  She can hop up on the patio from a sitting position on the ground...the patio is about 8-10' up since it's on a hill.  She's 24 now so that's quite a feat!

• Like 2

• Members
4 hours ago, AJWCat said:

Ah love her pics. My cats have all been indoors but we live in the city and it's definitely no place a cat can hang out. 

Thanks again. I live right next to a busy street, and cars are always speeding through. I always worried about Lady G. going out there, and I did see her do so late at night a few times, but for the most part, she stayed away. She wouldn't go near it during the day. Way too busy out there. I have a very large backyard that she enjoyed. I couldn't keep her inside all the time. She would go crazy wanting out. As long as I had her, she still had some wildness in her.

2 hours ago, KayC said:

She is really sweet!  Very adorable face. 

My cat liked being in high places too.  I met her when she was ten and she came to live with me at twelve.  She went missing and we couldn't find her.  My son finally heard her barely croaking a meow after five days being gone...she was in a tree.  He drove his truck under it and stood on the cab and barely reached her, her scratching and clawing him all the way down.  A couple days later she did the same thing only this time higher up.  We live in the country and trust me, fire departments don't come get cats out of trees.  Tree climbers can't get to the cats as the cats go further up the tree when scared.  My son couldn't reach her this time, so he shot the branch off and she came floating down on it, like you'd see in a cartoon, in slow motion, back and forth until she reached the ground (she wasn't hurt)...she never climbed a tree again.  But she is very agile.  She can hop up on the patio from a sitting position on the ground...the patio is about 8-10' up since it's on a hill.  She's 24 now so that's quite a feat!

Thank you, KayC. 

Wow! 24 years old! That is truly amazing! And bless her little heart! I've heard of cats living into their mid 30s, so living an extremely long time is possible. I actually thought Lady G. was going to live a lot longer, but sadly, it didn't happen. I did have her much longer than any of my previous cats, so I am very thankful for that. Very thankful!

Thanks again, y'all!

• Moderators

Thank you for sharing her memorial thread with us.  She is really sweet and I wish you could have had her with you for a whole lot longer.

• Like 1

• Members

Its been nearly 4 month now since I lost my little boy and a few weeks since I got another rescue cat Reggie he is a lovely friendly boy and while I still get upset at times im doing much better and its all down to the support I have had from all of you here I really want to thank you all..xxxx

• Like 2

• Moderators

Geoff,

We wish you well with Reggie.  It's understood you're still grieving, I'm sure it'll continue to get better for you, it sure takes a while, doesn't it.  

• Like 1

• Members

3 months ago today, the most precious little girl in the world was taken from me. She was my world. My best friend. My little angel. There hasn't been a day go by that I haven't thought of her, and cried at least once. Even through all the pain, I still manage to occasionally smile while thinking of her, or while looking at her sweet photos and videos. 

Thank you my dear Lady G., for filling my life with so much love and happiness. Thank you for choosing me to be your best friend. Thank you for all the beautiful memories you have given me, and for all the countless number of times you made me laugh and smile. Thank you for being my shadow, and following me all around the yard, hanging out with me, and for allowing me to take all those beautiful pictures and videos of you. Thank you for being the most awesome, most precious, and most loving cat in the world. Thank you for everything, Punkin'.

I love you and miss you soooooooooooooooooooo much! 

large.1209945212_LadyG.(January292018)(9

• Like 1

• Moderators

She looks so sweet and innocent, reminds me of my Miss Mocha even though they look different, there's something about them, their sweetness...

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

She looks so sweet and innocent, reminds me of my Miss Mocha even though they look different, there's something about them, their sweetness...

Thank you very much, KayC. Hope you're doing great, and your dear pets are too! 

• Like 1

• Members
2 minutes ago, Shemoore said:

She's beautiful Jeffrey.

Thank you very much! Hope you're doing great as well!

• Like 1