Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my Father <3

Gail SB.

• Members

My father passed away on December 11, 2018 at 4:45 pm. On his death certificate the cause of death was, "Cardio Pulmonary Arrest." On the morning of Dec 7, he was unable to wake up, so we called the ambulance and he was rushed to the hospital. My father was unable to regain consciousness, so my family and I had to make the difficult decision to remove him from life support. We were all there when my father took his last breath. He was only 70 years old and I feel robbed because I thought he had a few more years left. I miss him dearly. The pain I feel is indescribable. It's hard to move on and continue with life when a piece of my heart is missing, but I know he'd want me to be happy. This forum has helped me cope with my loss and I take comfort in knowing that my feelings of grief are not alone. We have all lost someone near and dear to us. I miss you so much, Dad. <3 

• Members

Dear Gail,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. I know the pain is deep.

Please know we are all with you. Keep talking it out with us.

Thinking of you.

• Members

Thank you for your comment and support. There are days when I've accepted my father's death, whereas other days I'm still in disbelief. I suppose, I'm in between anger and acceptance. It's going to be only two months since he passed away and I miss him terribly. 

• Members

Dear Gail,

Please know that everything you are feeling and thinking is a normal part of grief. It is so hard and painful. And still a terrible shock to lose a beloved parent.

Thinking of you. Please know we are all here with you.

• Members

Dear Reader, 

A few nights ago I dreamt of my father. He seemed happy in my dream, so it was reassuring. This was my fourth time that I had dreamed of him since he passed on Dec 11, 18. I woke up happy, but as the day progressed my happiness turned into anger (angry because it was just a dream and my reality is that he's really gone). :( Thanks for reading.

Best Regards,

Gail 

Archived