Grief Support Marketplace

Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×
Jophiel

Lost my Dad to suicide in August

Jophiel

I lost my Dad to suicide last August. He’d had a breakdown 20 years ago and got through it, but this time it was a short mental illness. He was 71. He was my best friend and a great father. I miss him so much I’m completely broken. I have suffered from mental health issues all my life, Im 40 now, but fought my demons. I’m no longer suicidal, but losing my Dad is like living in a nightmare that I can’t wake up from. 

reader

Dear Jophiel,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry for your loss and for the deep pain and sorrow.

Please know you are not alone. There is more support at the Loss of Parent thread. I hope you will consider surrounding yourself with loving friends and family during this sad time. And if you want to consider grief counselling in the community or through church. I also found these websites offered additional support.

Grief in Common

What's Your Grief

Grief Healing Blog

GriefShare

Grief Recovery Method.

Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

nattybug18

I lost my dad two years ago to suicide. It was so hard for me and my younger siblings. My sister and I were really close with him and we still cry almost every day. I am here for you. It's rare to find someone you can empathize with. Sending lots of love <3