Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Cant stop crying

Rachaelhj

• Members

My beautiful cat Lily was hit by a car Tuesday and passed away. We shared 12 years together. I am so lost without her. She followed me everywhere, was always by my side. I cant stop crying. I feel so much anger and guilt too. I just want to hold her and feel her soft fur again. 

lily me beautifulx.jpg

• Moderators

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful cat, Lily.  I know of nothing harder.  I hope this video brings you comfort...it's the thought of being with them again that gives me hope and keeps me going.
And I hope these articles will be of help to you too.
http://media.wix.com/ugd/0dd4a5_e934e7f92d104d31bcb334d6c6d63974.pdf
http://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml

• Moderators

Praying for your heart to heal, I know it takes time, it's a process...sending hugs your way.

• Members

I understand exactly how you feel I lost my little cat George 2 weeks ago apparently he ingested antifreeze while he was out and about it was the worst day of my life when I had to put him to sleep he was only 5

• Moderators

@Geoff  I am so sorry to hear that.  I had a cat, Autumn, who got into antifreeze, it was years ago, seeing her like that was horrible, the vet was able to save her, they gave her cortisone shot and a couple of other shots I don't remember what they were but she pulled through.  I know time is of the essence when they get into it.

Although it's very hard to have to put our beloved animals to sleep, sometimes it really is the kindest thing we can do so they don't suffer to death.  I'm very sorry for your loss, I know the pain all too well.

• Members

Thanks very much for your kind words its been a few weeks now I am still very upset I have been offered a ginger tom called Trevor he is a year old was abandoned and needs a good home but  I am not sure what to do

• Moderators

You might give it a try, see how it goes.  I can't think of a better home for him to get than with you, you love with all your heart and have much to give him.

• Members
On 1/31/2019 at 4:04 PM, Geoff said:

Thanks very much for your kind words its been a few weeks now I am still very upset I have been offered a ginger tom called Trevor he is a year old was abandoned and needs a good home but  I am not sure what to do

I know you are still devastated, and no other cat will replace George ever. But if you can do it, it might be a nice thing for you both. 

• Members

thanks to all of you I will think about it and keep you updated I am  so glad I came to this site everyone here had suffered loss and yet everyone supports eachother   I thank you all.

Geoff

Archived