Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My sweet girl passed away about an hour ago.

Very Upset

• Members

Doris, my wonderful princess got sick with liver and kidney problems. She went downhill very fast. Tonight I got to be with her when she took her last breath. She always slept with me. Not sure how I will go to sleep now. Every morning I would brush her fur and give her lots of love before going to work. I can’t figure out how I will deal with that in the morning. This is very painful and the tears are flowing very heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Moderators

Your Princess is very beautiful.  I am so sorry for your loss.  As you've already assumed, those habits/patterns we had established with them are very hard to go through when they're gone...they were part of our everyday lives, and our lives were deeply entwined with theirs...from greeting, to feeding, to little things we did with them throughout the day and evening.  Now the silence is deafening.  It's been 2 1/2 years since I lost my Miss Mocha, getting used to sleeping without her was hard, and not seeing her appear at the patio door, I can't count the times I looked for her there.

My heart goes out to you in your loss.  Try to remember you gave her the best part of her life, and the gift of being loved.

• Members

Thank you KayC. I’m sorry for your loss as well. Miss Mocha must have also been very beautiful. This will be quite an adjustment. Doris helped me through the time when my son moved out. Now she is gone. One of the things that is comforting right now is it sounds like she is walking around the house and drinking her water. I only had her for just under 2 years. She was seized from her previous home. I figured she would be around longer than this but no one really knows how old she was. At least she was able to be treated like a princess before passing away. She had lots of toys and she even had her own bedroom.

• Moderators

I never knew how old Miss Mocha was either, she came to me a few months after my husband died (our cat left home once he figured my husband wasn't coming home)...she had likely been dumped off out here by a previous owner, I live in the country and people do this all the time.  She'd been living in the top of my garage and I'd been shooing her off, thinking she belonged to someone...once I saw she didn't, I brought her inside and she was here to stay.  She had blue eyes and a black heart shaped nose and the tiniest little meow, and she loved flirting with men and would blink-blink her eyes at them.  It breaks my heart that anyone could abandon her!

We gave them our love and a good home and that's all they ever really needed.  I think to them, they don't have a sense of time, the time is in the here and now, so giving them our love is all they ever needed.

Miss Mocha.jpg

• Members
I never knew how old Miss Mocha was either, she came to me a few months after my husband died (our cat left home once he figured my husband wasn't coming home)...she had likely been dumped off out here by a previous owner, I live in the country and people do this all the time.  She'd been living in the top of my garage and I'd been shooing her off, thinking she belonged to someone...once I saw she didn't, I brought her inside and she was here to stay.  She had blue eyes and a black heart shaped nose and the tiniest little meow, and she loved flirting with men and would blink-blink her eyes at them.  It breaks my heart that anyone could abandon her!
We gave them our love and a good home and that's all they ever really needed.  I think to them, they don't have a sense of time, the time is in the here and now, so giving them our love is all they ever needed.
331983045_MissMocha.jpg.10b716a97d9938233643959171a20c7f.jpg

She’s gorgeous. I love her color. Her nose is very cute.

I don’t understand how anyone could ever abandon their pets. I always treat my pets as if they are my children. I would never be able to give them away. Doris had her own stocking for Christmas and she even got presents. I also gave her turkey for Christmas as well as Thanksgiving. At least she was able to be spoiled and know what being loved is like.

• Members

I lost my baby Louie 5 weeks ago. He died slowly and it took me a month to get through a day without torturing myself every few hours. he used to spend time with me whenever I was home, hopping in bed when I did. He always waited until I dozed off before retired to his little bed in the other room. To try to handle the loss, I first bought a grief candle to light every night, then a grief medicine bag. It contains 6 little stones that are supposed to be conducive to grieving & healing. Into the little pouch I also placed a tuft of Louie's fur & a little nail he'd lost off one of his claws. I hold the pouch in my hand when I meditate or feel alone. I joined a group website called Rainbow Bridge (petloss dot com). Every Monday night we have a 20-minute candle ceremony. I posted Louie's photo there with a short message. A few encouraging books to look into:  1) Going Home by Jon Katz, 2) Tails from the Afterlife by Kristy Robinett, 3) Animals and the Afterlife by Kim Sheridan, 4) Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates by Gary Kurtz, 5) Goodbye, Friend: Healing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has Lost a Pet by Gary Kowalski, 6) Signs from Pets in the Afterlife by Lyn Ragan.

lou.jpg

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Very Upset said:

She’s gorgeous. I love her color. Her nose is very cute.

I don’t understand how anyone could ever abandon their pets. I always treat my pets as if they are my children. I would never be able to give them away. Doris had her own stocking for Christmas and she even got presents. I also gave her turkey for Christmas as well as Thanksgiving. At least she was able to be spoiled and know what being loved is like.

I feel the same...whoever abandoned her, I hate to think of the fear and hardship she endured, but she picked me, this home, and she did well.  I loved her each and every day I had her, for 10 1/2 years.  I wish it could have been longer.  I know you feel the same way about your princess. In time it won't hurt as raw as it does right now, but always, we miss them.  Sending hugs your way.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Wesley Adam said:

I lost my baby Louie 5 weeks ago. He died slowly and it took me a month to get through a day without torturing myself every few hours. he used to spend time with me whenever I was home, hopping in bed when I did. He always waited until I dozed off before retired to his little bed in the other room. To try to handle the loss, I first bought a grief candle to light every night, then a grief medicine bag. It contains 6 little stones that are supposed to be conducive to grieving & healing. Into the little pouch I also placed a tuft of Louie's fur & a little nail he'd lost off one of his claws. I hold the pouch in my hand when I meditate or feel alone. I joined a group website called Rainbow Bridge (petloss dot com). Every Monday night we have a 20-minute candle ceremony. I posted Louie's photo there with a short message. A few encouraging books to look into:  1) Going Home by Jon Katz, 2) Tails from the Afterlife by Kristy Robinett, 3) Animals and the Afterlife by Kim Sheridan, 4) Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates by Gary Kurtz, 5) Goodbye, Friend: Healing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has Lost a Pet by Gary Kowalski, 6) Signs from Pets in the Afterlife by Lyn Ragan.

lou.jpg

I am sorry for your loss.  You have found a way to deal with your loss through memorializing and addressing your grief by learning about it, those are good books you listed.  I wish you well as you continue your grief journey.

• Members

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  Your beautiful girl will live in your heart forever.

i know that right now the pain is absolutely the worst.  My little girl passed away in November.  I can tell you grieving is different for everyone.  You need to take it minute by minute then hour by hour.

I found visiting this site brought me therapy and the help I needed to get through the worst days of my life.  I hope coming here helps you to heal.

Sending you hugs.

Dee

• Members

lou.jpg.448854756f665c918b5c2e76ab7e7479.jpg

I am sorry about the loss of your handsome boy. It has almost been a week since my girl passed away and I am torturing myself. Now I am looking back to just before Christmas and wonder if she was starting to decline then. In the morning before I go to work I sit at the top of the stairs and hold her brush and cry. I am unable to clean up her things. I have been watching YouTube videos to see if they would help. I will look up the books that you suggested. Hopefully I will get past the torturing stage also.

• Members
I feel the same...whoever abandoned her, I hate to think of the fear and hardship she endured, but she picked me, this home, and she did well.  I loved her each and every day I had her, for 10 1/2 years.  I wish it could have been longer.  I know you feel the same way about your princess. In time it won't hurt as raw as it does right now, but always, we miss them.  Sending hugs your way.

Thank you KayC. The weekend was tough but I made it through. The next hurdle will be this week when I pick up her ashes in the urn. I will make a memorial table and I am getting her photos done on the photolab.ca website.

• Members
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  Your beautiful girl will live in your heart forever.
i know that right now the pain is absolutely the worst.  My little girl passed away in November.  I can tell you grieving is different for everyone.  You need to take it minute by minute then hour by hour.
I found visiting this site brought me therapy and the help I needed to get through the worst days of my life.  I hope coming here helps you to heal.
Sending you hugs.
Dee

Thank you Dee. I am sorry about the loss of your little girl. I do feel that my girl is close because she passed away in my house with me there. Even though she may be here, I still feel lost without being able to hear her voice or feel her soft fur. This site is really helping me in the grieving process. I also found YouTube videos helpful and I will be looking into the books suggested by Wesley.

• Members

I am so sorry to read about your loss. Thank goodness you found this forum. It is so helpful to get out thoughts and feelings. We are so helpless in our pain and grief. I came here all the time in the first few days ... I was still shock. Hope you are doing okay.  

• Members
I am so sorry to read about your loss. Thank goodness you found this forum. It is so helpful to get out thoughts and feelings. We are so helpless in our pain and grief. I came here all the time in the first few days ... I was still shock. Hope you are doing okay.  

Thank you AJWCat. I am sorry that you also suffered a loss. This forum is very helpful because I do not feel alone and it helps me to deal with the comments from people that do not understand this incredible loss. I have set up a memorial table. It helps a little bit but I still feel empty.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Very Upset said:

I have set up a memorial table. It helps a little bit but I still feel empty.

It's going to take time.  I still miss my Miss Mocha and it's been 2 1/2 years but I've gradually gotten used to her being gone.  I would give anything to have her back with me again!

Archived