Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my 4 yr old 5 weeks ago

Belle’s mammy

• Members
Belle’s mammy

My princess Belle died of “sudden death syndrome” the week before Christmas. She was so healthy, no problems whatsoever in her life. One second she was standing there and the next gone and doctors cannot give me a reason as to why? These 5 weeks feel like it’s been 5 years. Just constant days of emptiness and missing my baby so much. She was my only daughter, I also have an 8 year old son and I’m due another little boy in 4 weeks time. She was so excited to meet her baby brother. I don’t know how I’m going to live without her. Everywhere I look she’s there and it’s killing me

• Members

bellesmammy oh I am so sorry you lost your little girl so unexpectedly. Sudden death syndrome is quite rare but does appear and it is such a heartbreak for parents who were given no indication anything was wrong. Sometimes it is an undiagnosed heart condition but sometimes there just is no answer to give to families. It is especially hard as you are due to give birth to another baby soon along with all the hormones and sleep deprivation. i wish i could offer you some help but grief sadly has to be gone through and endured one day at a time. here you are understood by parents who also lost a child and who "get it" when others do not

• Members
Belle’s mammy

Thank you Tommysmum for your reply. It is so hard to grasp because she was perfectly fine, there one minute and gone the next. I feel like the pain gets worse every day. I think maybe the shock has worn off now and it’s becoming reality that she’s never coming home. This past week has been excruciating. I know I have to go through this I just need some kind of hope that things will eventually get easier. Right now I have no will to live whatsoever. 

• Members
Sadie’s Mom

I understand the shock. My only daughter died of the same thing. Happy and healthy one minute and gone the next. I also have boys that need me, but 1 1/2 years later I still struggle to make it through. Most days are ok. Sometimes, like today, all I can do is cry. I wish I had words of wisdom for you. The pain eases a bit but it won’t go away. The hole remains. If you are anything like me, you will carry on because you love your boys. You will find a “new normal”. You will feel like a shell most times, but there will be happy times too. They will come. And they will get more frequent but you will never forget your princess. I wish I had something better to say. 

• Members

Please join us on Loss of an adult child thread by Mom of Justin. It is the thread with the most replies and just post there. It keeps us all in one place and gets quicker responses and is easier than replying to different threads. Bellesmammy and sadiesmom yes the hole always remains but as time goes by it gets a little less painful. It will always be your personal family tragedy because you loved your children and yes there is a gap in family photos and at family gatherings and celebrations and holidays. But never forget your child is always with you by your side and in your heart and memories. Nothing and no one can take that away from you.

Archived