Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Adult child

Ashleys Mom

• Members

If people don’t know our story they don’t know our pain!
 This is the worst thing in my life to happen to me,and my family.To all of us

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

so sorry ashleysmom I have been there too it is a dark difficult place to be but there is a reason why you are still here some comfort to other parents on this journey or to raise money or awareness somethinh that positively memorialises your girl. We cannot get all the answers as to why? Why my child? etc it is just taking it day by day and seeing how each year changes you a little more and the learning and knowledge you gain on the way. I would not wish this pain on anyone but i guess we have a reason to live and help others

• Members
Ashleys Mom
so sorry ashleysmom I have been there too it is a dark difficult place to be but there is a reason why you are still here some comfort to other parents on this journey or to raise money or awareness somethinh that positively memorialises your girl. We cannot get all the answers as to why? Why my child? etc it is just taking it day by day and seeing how each year changes you a little more and the learning and knowledge you gain on the way. I would not wish this pain on anyone but i guess we have a reason to live and help others

I understand what your saying and it’s the worst pain ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

I lost my only 19yr. old son six years ago. I checked out of life. I simply did not understand WHY would my higher power (God) let this happen to me. Fourteen months ago I found an answer and peace that surpasses all understanding. That is my higher power God. I just have to take it one second, minute, hour and day at a time. I have to pause sometimes and take a death breath and ask God that his will be done not mine. Most times I am at peace. Today was hard but I made it through.

• Members
On 7/6/2020 at 9:30 PM, Jmese said:

I lost my only 19yr. old son six years ago. I checked out of life. I simply did not understand WHY would my higher power (God) let this happen to me. Fourteen months ago I found an answer and peace that surpasses all understanding. That is my higher power God. I just have to take it one second, minute, hour and day at a time. I have to pause sometimes and take a death breath and ask God that his will be done not mine. Most times I am at peace. Today was hard but I made it through.

I lost my 40 year old daughter July 10, 2020 and I don't understand WHY. We had been estranged for years but in the last 8 months had become close. I hope and pray that I find the peace you referenced above. This is the worse pain I've ever endured and I bury her this Saturday, July 25, 2020. The closer it gets to that date--the greater my heartache. I don't know that I can bear to say that final goodbye. I put on a brave face for her children but alone I fall apart. I just found acceptance in losing my mother November 4, 2019.

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Jacquiet, today will be one of the worst of your life, but I honestly don't remember my Son's funeral or visitation.  I get flashbacks but I really don't know what was said or who was there.  I have looked at the guest book but most is just a bleary pain.  Somethings to remember for now,  remember to breathe,  may sound stupid but a friend told me and I found I was indeed just taking shallow breaths as I was afraid to take deep calming breaths. Another thing,  let yourself grieve.  There is no right or wrong way. Holding it all in isn't good. You have come to the right place for understanding,  sad to SAY. We have been down the same path and it isn't easy.  Prayers for peace and comfort. 

Carol 

• Members

I lost my 35 year old son to colon cancer Aug 12, 2019. It was a fast painful battle and I hurt so much.  He was my joy. I’m so very crushed it’s hard for me to function. The pandemic isn’t helping.  I can barely breathe 

• Members
Mason’s Mom

CSC, I understand how you feel. This pandemic has been very difficult for me as well. After I lost my son I need to stay busy.  To much down time leaves me with time to think. I went back to work after 3 weeks, we started a yearly golf tournament to fund a memorial scholarship,  we had a bench made and put on the school grounds. All these things made me feel like I was moving forward and honoring him. In March our company sent us home to work. The tournament was canceled.  It has been hard to cope. However I remind myself that my son would want me to live. I have 2 daughters,  a husband,  my mom and family members that need me. 

Remember to  breathe deeply and that it is okay to grieve.  Have a good cry, scream or do whatever makes you feel better. 

I hope you find peace and comfort. 

Carol

Archived