Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I have now lost them all.

ksiemb

• Members

I am 78, the youngest of 11 Siblings who have all passed before me. My last two Brothers passed less than a month apart (dec 13, 2017-Jan 9, 2018) Then on Jan 11,2018, two days later I lost my beloved Wife. I am still devestated and cry for my losses every day. 

• Moderators

@ksiemb,

I am so sorry for you, your brothers, your many other siblings, and your dear wife.  The grief I am sure is overwhelming.  While I haven't had that many losses, I too cry regularly for the loss of my wife.  You have found a place where people will listen, and empathize with your pain.  It has helped me greatly throughout my grief journey.  I hope that knowing there are people listening who understand some of what you are going through helps you as well, and that you find peace, comfort, and compassion in your daily life,

Herc

• Members
34 minutes ago, ModHerc said:

@ksiemb,

I am so sorry for you, your brothers, your many other siblings, and your dear wife.  The grief I am sure is overwhelming.  While I haven't had that many losses, I too cry regularly for the loss of my wife.  You have found a place where people will listen, and empathize with your pain.  It has helped me greatly throughout my grief journey.  I hope that knowing there are people listening who understand some of what you are going through helps you as well, and that you find peace, comfort, and compassion in your daily life,

Herc

Herc - Thank you for the kind words. I am sorry that you also had to suffer the loss of your Wife. God bless you. I do not think I will ever recover from the loss of my Wife. I will still be thinking of her and loving her memory as I take my last breath. Peace be with you.

• Members

ksiemb: 

Your story has touched my heart.  I want to share with you a story of my family.  My Oma (My Dad's mom) was the fourth child of seventeen children.  Of those seventeen children, all but 4 are left.  Two brothers and two sisters remain.  The youngest is turning 90 next years, the oldest left (number 12)  is a special Uncle to me... he is 96.  I keep telling him that with his big family he has had so much love, but with that big family he has gone through so much loss.  I feel for him.  I understand that there is a treasure of having a big family, but with that treasure, comes a lot of loss.  I know he feels the loss of all his siblings.  The most recent loss was his 105 year old sister.  Her passing was hard because she was the last older sibling he had and they lived in the same retirement home.  Recently I took my uncle to the graveyard where our ancestors are laid to rest... and I found him pointing out his siblings first.  They were part of his heart and he still misses them.  

My uncle also had to say farewell to his wife of over 66 years.  It has been a huge hole in his life not to have his "sweetheart" .  I do what I can to keep in contact with him.  We are a six hour drive apart, but I try not to let that discourage me.   After reading your post, I feel for my Uncle Don.  He has cried too.. a lot.. I just haven't see it. 

Thank you for sharing your story.  

Ruby 

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey
On 7/11/2019 at 8:53 AM, Ruby said:

ksiemb: 

Your story has touched my heart.  I want to share with you a story of my family.  My Oma (My Dad's mom) was the fourth child of seventeen children.  Of those seventeen children, all but 4 are left.  Two brothers and two sisters remain.  The youngest is turning 90 next years, the oldest left (number 12)  is a special Uncle to me... he is 96.  I keep telling him that with his big family he has had so much love, but with that big family he has gone through so much loss.  I feel for him.  I understand that there is a treasure of having a big family, but with that treasure, comes a lot of loss.  I know he feels the loss of all his siblings.  The most recent loss was his 105 year old sister.  Her passing was hard because she was the last older sibling he had and they lived in the same retirement home.  Recently I took my uncle to the graveyard where our ancestors are laid to rest... and I found him pointing out his siblings first.  They were part of his heart and he still misses them.  

My uncle also had to say farewell to his wife of over 66 years.  It has been a huge hole in his life not to have his "sweetheart" .  I do what I can to keep in contact with him.  We are a six hour drive apart, but I try not to let that discourage me.   After reading your post, I feel for my Uncle Don.  He has cried too.. a lot.. I just haven't see it. 

Thank you for sharing your story.  

Ruby 

Thank you for sharing. You are spot on. My father and I have lost so many. Two of my brothers and my mom along with most of my dad’s siblings and his twin a week ago. Like you said, it’s ia treasure that comes with a lot of loss. But soooo much love and the best times together. I’m now trying to do all the things we had planned and honor them and their legacies. Giving out the love I received. Bless you and your family. I feel the closeness you’ve all had by what you shared. Lots of love. 

Archived