Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Rough day today

Ilda

• Members

It has been just over 3 months that my 44 year old brother died of colon cancer at home . I have been looking for a site like this .its very difficult to grieve at work but it’s what I am doing today . My sister who is 53 also died three months ago from liver failure . Surprisingly and not they died on the same day both at home . The pain is incredible three months later more than I’m the beginning it’s a wild ride and sometimes I just want pain relief so I drink and cry 

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Ilda,

I’m so sad and sorry for the loss of your siblings. I’ve lost two of mine as well and it is heartbreaking. I feel lost a lot and think of them all the time. One loss was over a decade ago and my grief changed with therapy and time. The more recent loss of my other brother last year is still so fresh. Finding footing is hard after such losses and there is an emptyness. I feel better aprind people that shared the qualities my siblings had. I don’t look for those qualities as replacements, I just enjoy it when I happen upon those sparks.  Grieve in what ever way you feel that you need to. It’s a journey and it takes time before it turns over into a different type of grief, but we do get there through feeling our feelings and not homding them in.

Thinking of you and feeling deep empathy.

Hugs,

Nicole

• Members

Hi

That's a really tough bereavement. Hang on in there! I feel that's all I feel I can do. I also find it hard to focus on work.Its like my head won't go there but it has to! It s an emotional roller coaster .

Take care

Archived