Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Max

Fox

• Members

I am writing on this forum about Max our dear beloved cat who we had to let go last night. Max was 19 and shared so many experiences in our lives with arriving in our home as a kitten, watching my son grow from a child into a man and my daughter giving me grandchildren who all become part of his life. For the last 3 years Max had become my companion once my son had left home and living alone Max was always there for me when I came home after a long day. There in the background such a beautiful boy.  Max had deteriorated a lot over the last year and had been unwell.  We were willing for him to just go to sleep and not wake up rather than have to make the decision to let him go. However at the end it was very peaceful as we had the vet come to our home so Max was with me, my son and grandson aged 14 at the end. The house feels very empty now and waking up today was difficult with only me to think of. I know it will get better but just now it feels very raw and painful. They say losing a furry friend is as painful as losing a human loved one and I would agree as had my fair share of loss over the years. It helps to share with people who understand the grief of losing a furry friend. RIP my beloved Max. One more shining star in the sky.

• Members
So sad But Yet So Happy

Fox

Max sounds like a beautiful cat that was loved very much and he knew that. My daughter lost her 17 yo cat to cancer a few months back, and i lost my Big Girl, and my wife her cat. I almost felt like this was a house of death and misery. My daughters cat that had cancer died at home with her. She was on pain meds. My daughter was walking down the hallway and heard a barely audible meow. She stopped. April her cat came out of her room barely. My daughter sat down in the hallway and april made her way to her. She tried to get into my daughters lap but didnt have the strength. She picked her up and put her on her lap. She was petting her and her eyes just closed and never woke up again. Yes, its a mirad of emotions. But all we can do is take it day by day and pray for strength. Everyday theres a lil healing. Weeks, months, years? We are all different as our greiving is. Know that you always have an out he in this forum. Your NOT in this alone my friend. Many are here for you.

Jim

• Moderators

Fox, you describe it very well.  I also lost a 19 year old cat that my kids grew up with, he saw me through so much, he passed a year after my husband, I had him put to sleep as he was greatly suffering from cancer, 12 years ago.  I can't believe it's been that long!  He was my greeter and it was so hard to come home to...no greetings from King George.

I am so sorry for your loss, I know the pain of loss all too well.  You describe it so well, I only wish peace for you and hope for accelerated adjustment.  God bless you.

Archived